on day 1 and it is clear to me i can stick to it as long as i have milk in my tea....

ammie24

hi, im only on the end of day one and tho i have struggled with no food, no tea or coffee is a big problem for me, and yeah i no ya can have it black but i just cant stomach it black, in the end i had to have a brew and i felt so much better. is it going to really mess things up fo me if i have like 2 cups of tea a day with milk, it has been a copin method on other diets and now i feel lost without it :( sounds really pathetic i know but any help and support would be hugely appreciated .....:(:(:(:(:(

Hi, I started Cambridge just under three weeks ago. I initially started on ss but changed to ss+ after 4 days. I have been having 1 cup of tea per day plus 200 cal evening meal. Consultant advised I could have a couple of drinks with small amount of skimmed milk. Changing to ss+ has made it so much easier. First 3 days were horrid but stick with it, gets much easier after that. I have lost 25 pounds so far with weigh in on Saturday. I have about 3 stone to go to target. Good luck!

Hi aimmie
SS+ or any of the higher Cambridge steps allows 200mls of skimmed milk each day. Do u have the Steps Programme booklet? It goes into all the details for you, or your consultant will be able to explain them to you. Mine gave me the book on my first appointment.
Good luck
X

Hi aimmie
SS+ or any of the higher Cambridge steps allows 200mls of skimmed milk each day. Do u have the Steps Programme booklet? It goes into all the details for you, or your consultant will be able to explain them to you. Mine gave me the book on my first appointment.
Good luck
X

thanks for ya replys, i used semi skimmed beacause when i use skimmed i use three times as much, just cant drink it darker its horrible. you both have amazing losses. very inspiring. im a huge foody but gonna do my best :) x

Hi ammie24

I was like you, I'm on sole source and tried a couple of days with just black coffee but I missed my 'proper' coffees more than I missed the food!

As others have said you could think about going to SS+ where you can have a milk allowance. Lots of people seem to report just as good weight losses on SS+ as they do on SS.

I decided to compromise, and I allow myself 2-3 coffees with a small amount of skimmed milk per day. I lost 15lbs in week 1 and 5lbs in week 2 so this doesn't seem to have affected my weight loss. I'd say do whatever you need to do to keep yourself sane, maybe allow yourself your tea and see how things go, and cut back if the weight losses aren't want what you want.

Good luck :)

thanks, your loss is very good!! i lost 2 pound overnight last night so all good just feel ill, dont know how ya all manage thease first few days. there going so slow!!! lol xx

Back