On the Dukan journey

Yogi13

I've survived the first five days of attack, two more to go.... I'm really looking forward to PV Wednesday, vegetables and salad have never seemed so exciting! The fact that I'm 6 lb down so far is really motivating me to keep going. Main challenges thus far have been drinking enough ( never was one for drinking other than tea), the lack of fibre and a funny taste in my mouth ( I'm paranoid about bad breath and am already feeling sorry for my dentist on Wednesday!)
Any other starters on Dukan out there?

Well done Yogi what a great start. I remember the first PV day I had in cruise - it was heaven !!!! NEVER has a salad tasted sooooooo good! Enjoy and keep going.

Thanks Trudi? What's the supplement you are taking with your green tea? Does it have a diuretic effect?

its Holland and Barrett super green tea diet capsules - you take one mid morning and one mid afternoon - think it is a bit of a diuretic - seem to be whizzing to the loo more but have also been keeping my water intake up!! It also contains caffeine so defo felt a little bit whizzed up after it! LOL

Think I might give those a try Trudyc. I'm already feeling way less bloated but know I'm a fluid retainer so anything that might help is worth a go. Today is the first time in a long time that my wedding rings spun on my finger when my hands got cold at the beach! It's the little things that give you a buzz :)

Thanks guys for the support, finding this site a great inspiration especially when I'm tired and tempted to have something I shouldn't. Last day of attack tomorrow :) Can't wait for PV on Wednesday!

Hi Yogi welcome to the forum as said before Dukan is fab - I got excited about eating a tomato when I was doing attack - very strange :)

Final day of attack is drawing to an end and no misdemeanours despite no sleep last night due to the gales. Unfortunately had a pound on this morning which was a bit of a downer to start the day especially as I have stuck rigidly to the plan. Reckon it's the consequences of not enough fibre which is a problem for me and PMT which always puts a pound of two on. Oh well, start cruise tomorrow so salad is waiting in the fridge for me :) I'm actually really surprised how well I managed Attack phase and I'm not hungry or craving foods much at all which is great. Despite the gain this morning I'm still 5.5lbs lighter than before I started which is great. I like to imagine 5.5 lbs of butter stacked on the table and think well that's a lot better off then on and it makes if feel more of an achievement for me.
It's still blowing a gale here so might be in for another sleepless night but at least I'm not working tomorrow....

Have had a really lousy day off and looking forward to going to bed to end it. Weight STS and managed to stick to the plan.....just! Was looking forward to first PV day but was to stressed to enjoy it! Thanks to my darling daughters (12) motivation we did go for our walk in the wind and rain and enjoyed it too :)
Hopefully a less stressful day tomorrow....

Another half a pound up this morning :-( Haven't deviated of plan so really disappointed to be heading in the wrong direction. Motivation has taken a nose dive and now having to battle to stay with the plan. Feeling bloated and have a stinking headache tonight but have been drinking and taking my walk. I seriously need more fibre or a reliable replacement for it..... Very deflating after the positive start.... Expected things to slow down but not head in reverse :-(

Hi Yogi13, you have done amazing! Don't worry it is very normal to gain a little when starting cruise. The veggies introduce a little water and that is why but you will still be losing fat. In cruise the loss will slow but it will be steady.

It does look like you did an unusually long attack (7 days?)? It has been said many times here on the forum that when you do an attack that is too long it may slow your loss down for a little while. I think it has to do with your body going into starvation mode.

In any, case well done on your loss so far.

Last edited:
slimdreamer said:
Hi Yogi13, you have done amazing! Don't worry it is very normal to gain a little when starting cruise. The veggies introduce a little water and that is why but you will still be losing fat. In cruise the loss will slow but it will be steady.

It does look like you did an unusually long attack (7 days?)? It has been said many times here on the forum that when you do an attack that is too long it may slow your loss down for a little while. I think it has to do with your body going into starvation mode.

In any, case well done on your loss so far.

Hi Slimdreamer, thanks for the encouragement and advice. My attack was calculated by the Dukan UK website which I joined and then cancelled for refund because I really didn't like it. STS today. I think the major problem is the fibre issue and the inevitable consequences. I wasn't great before Dukan and now everything has ground to a halt for days (sorry for TMI). I'm feeling really rough, have tried Aloe Vera (no added sugar) tablets that always work for me but 4 doses later and still no improvement. Have headaches and starting to feel nauseous but not painful. I'm threatening to drink a mega dose of liquid parrafin now..... I'm sticking with it and hopefully I'll sort the problems out soon :)

Yogi13, so sorry that sounds terrible.

Rhubarb helps me. We are allowed 100 grams of cooked rhubarb. I like to put it in the microwave with some sweetener and a little cinnamon and sometimes I have it with a little dollop of sweetened 0% Greek yogurt, it is really nice. I find it really does help me.

We are also allowed a Tbs of wheat bran as a tolerant for just this problem. I haven't tried it for this but some people add it to the oat bran in porridge, gallettes etc.. and many say it really helps.

Perhaps both may be worth a try before resorting to laxatives. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, it sounds terrible.

I found that rhubarb did it for me too!!
Made some in small 100g portions for every morning, with Greek yoghurt, sprinkled with my daily bran -
usually kept things moving along.

Suggest make sure you are drinking plenty fluid. Also I found that fish is better than meat for keeping things moving. Don't know why that should be but its how it worked for me.

Hope things get better soon.

Hi all. Thinking of starting Dukan on monday as fell off of the weight watchers wagon an put all my weight back on over Xmas! Is it worth trying?

By the way yogi13 my friend does Dukan and has the same problem - she buys soluble fibre from superdrug approx £1 per tin! She has it in water or sprinkled on food and says it is tasteless and works for her. Never tried it personally but she told me in case I do Dukan and have the same problem. Hope you feel better soon x

Day 4 of cruise, finally down 0.5 lbs, having gained or STS for last 5 days it's a relief to be heading slowly in the right direction again. Thanks for the advice guys, will definitely look for some rhubarb as I really like it anyway and will try and get hold of some of the soluble fibre too. Today was a good day re that problem without going into TMI and feel so much better and nowhere near as bloated. I do eat a lot of red meat so might try increasing fish intake instead. I'm lucky in that I enjoy both.
On the positive side of things I've managed to stick with the plan without any slip ups for 10 days now and there have been plenty of opportunities to give in. My work colleague brought me a fruit scone for our morning break on Thursday and it broke my heart to say thanks but sorry I can't have it!
I'm doing well on the fluid intake, I got an app on my phone that helps me easily record what I drink and it reminds me to keep at it as I'm normally very bad. Probably still too much tea compared to water but working on improving that :) PV day tomorrow, I've never enjoyed salad as much in my life! ( especially cherry tomatoes :) )

I'm doing well on the fluid intake, I got an app on my phone that helps me easily record what I drink and it reminds me to keep at it as I'm normally very bad.

Well done Yogi, sounds like you are doing great, keep it up and you will reap the rewards!

What's the name of the phone app you've got? Sounds interesting.

willbefabulousat26 said:
Well done Yogi, sounds like you are doing great, keep it up and you will reap the rewards!

What's the name of the phone app you've got? Sounds interesting.

It's called waterlogged and it's a free app though you can upgrade if you want to. It's very easy to use and to add the drinks you like to have. You just take a photo of the mug or bottle or whatever, input how much it is in mls and then select the appropriate image each time you have a drink. It's an Apple app, don't know if there is an android version :)

Back