On the road again.....

losemenow

Hi everyone started week 1 on sole source last week, today is dAy 6 feel greAt except so constipated despite tAking psyllium husks...... Gonna drink loads today and hope I get some movement. Feeling great though lots of energy here's hoping second time lucky xxx

Hi, and well done on starting and completing the hardest week there is! I am back after a forced 6 weeks break so getting ready for the struggle again.

I had problems with constipation - I found dulcoease and the cambridge fibre the only things that worked for me.

Are you on the road to slim or on the road as it travelling? I only ask as I travel for work which I think makes life alot easier (I can lock myself in my hotel room at night away from fridges and food!)

x

hi bluegirl! thanks for the reply. nope not travelling, meant it as a metaphor for my second attempt to go down the cambridge road. :) wow looking at ur stats ur doing great!!! :D tell me Ive two planned weekend away coming up, both big affairs involving lots of food, how did you achieve great losses during your weekends away?

so erm the end of day 6, tomorrow is the day- weigh in day tomorrow evening. am feeling pretty good, a bit too good, like im on something! wide awake at 6.30am kind of good. gonna go on ss+ thursday onwards as wanna bring in some exercise. doing some yoga tonight for an hour and a half. have a lot on at the moment and my mind needs to unwind. i think for me the key notes ive made this week is

a) surround yourself by supportive people

my boyfriend and friends have been brilliant. lots of pep talks and taking my mind off it. distracting me with non food related events and just having fun without eating!

b) in contradiction to the above eith regard fun and not eating, sometimes its good justto go head first into the deep end. by this i mean, dont avoid food and people eating it, if people are eating pour yourself a nice glass of water and sip it, or make ur soup at the same time. eventually i found you get over the initial "oh my god i want what is on your plate" and you realise actually its all in the head.

c) smile!!!!!! be happy. try and positive think, refocus ur mind on everything else bar food. ive resorted to lots of baths and self pampering. face masks, hair treatments (All diy might i add)

d) ermmmm so i dunno about anyone else but sex seems to be a great way to take ur mind off not eating... that is when the headaches wear off! im gonna delve into this much further but yeah, it certainly aids in my above pointer. i.e. smiling

so yeah. thats about it pretty much for today! im happy. i hope it continues to last and hopefull i will keep going and achieve my dream weight xxxx

So I'm on day 7 and in knackered because I've tried to do too much great. Walked about 45 min yesterday and did 20 min of yoga plus a days work and today am shattered. Not hungry though which is good upping to four products as of tomorrow because have a hectic weekend this weekend :( gonna be busy busy sigh. Lots if work. Feeling pretty optimistic still however gonna go onto the 810 plan next week. I miss exercise and wanna tone as I lose because I carry my weight at my stomach mainly, petrified of excess skin!!!!! Anyway that's my update. Went for a slight poo yesterday but then again cant expect too much when not much is going in hehe I'm here drinking my chocshake except I've made it into a hot choc coffee! Delish!!! ;) hope everyone has a great day. Will post my weigh in tonight xxxx

Just a little bit about me...............................................

So I haven't really introduced myself properly since restarting Cambridge... All forums are blocked at work so Im on my ipod and its so hard to type on it lol!!! Some of you might remember me from last year. Did sole source and lost 17lbs in 3 weeks. Weighed in at 15st 2.5 lbs and finished under 14 stone! However due getting a bad dose of tonsillitis, hating my job and wallowing in self pity, not to mention the comfort of falling in love (I met my boyfriend when I was two weeks doing Cambridge and our dates involved lots of dinners etc not to mention that sappy comfort zone of a new relationship J )- but yeah my diet... it all fell apart!!! None of these are decent excuses I know but I lost the willpower to keep it up and put all the weight and more back on!!!! Started losing weight back in January with Slimming world. Weighed in at 15stone 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all my own doing, several nandos a week along with working in an office that had a variety of lunches and a boss who liked to sample each every day along with the entire office made it difficult to say no. Before I knew it I was eating way more then I needed not to mention carbohydrates and fat scoffing. But then in January something clicked. A lifelong friend committed suicide after a rather difficult battle with depression and after a tough week at home (Im an Irish lass living in London) it made me realise just how lucky I am to have my health, my mind and my life and it's time I looked after myself. Ive got PCOS also and to be honest the reality of decreasing my chances of having kids set it. Im 25 and while I don't want any soon, I defo want them one day and I think now I need to properly get my body sorted. I got a new job in Feb which instantly has made me happier, I joined slimming world, I joined a gym and I lost ten pounds. I ve slacked off in the gym recently, mainly the past two weeks due to sole source, but I am determined to change my lifestyle for the better. The reason i switched to Cambridge once again to be honest was due to several reasons but mainly time. I have an event coming up in two weeks, and I have a dress that when I last wore it I was 13 and a half stone. Now to be fair it was too big then and Im proud to say after losing over a stone since starting losing weight this year it finally fits! J However there is always room for improvement and I know that any extra I lose between now and then is an added bonus! J I found slimming world good, for me much better then weightwatchers however the leaders and classes are noway near the standard of any other diet Ive done. Personally I feel if I am paying to be motivated, the person who motivates me should be living proof that a plan works... My slimming world councellor was about 19 stone..... My Cambridge councellor is about 10 stone, absolutely stunning and makes me believe this will work. It might sound shallow, but at the end of the day, yes losing weight is for health reasons but everyone here is excited at the prospect of looking and therefore feeling good, something you need to see is possible through your leader/ councillor/ motivator.

Anyway Im doing a mix of ss and ss+. Im a full time office worker- receptionist, administrator for a massive company in London, based on a project outside the city. However I work part time as a dj and do the odd bar shift. Ive opted for a mix of the two sole sources because my routine each week is never set. Im 25, Im sociable, and I work lots. I don't know how Im gonna feel on a day like today where Im working until 5 and then tonight from 11:30 to 4pm djing and up for a bar shift tomorrow. Every week isn't like this, however when things are this busy Id rather have an extra pack to keep me going then deprive myself to a point where Im so tired and weak that I say sod it and go to KFC!!!

I think this time second time round Im in a much more realistic headset and I knew what to expect. I allow the odd bit of coke zero, if it slows me down then so be it, I drink loads of water but at the end of the day Im 25, Im very sociable and giving that everything has been cut out pretty much, I think its good to have that tiny bit of a treat without the guilt of calories or fat. Unlike my usual motives, Ive thrown myself in the deep end. Ive said yes to all social invites and Ive sat in and watched my friends eat takeaways, chocolate (Easter especially) all why i sip on a cup of coffee with sweetener. Heck I even google my favourite dishes for kicks. Some people may find this weird but I find that this has been good because the novelty has worn off fast. I mean you get over it and just get on with it. However if you avoid something the temptation becomes too much when you do face it.

Im on day 9, feeling pretty good. Nervous about the weekend as am working all weekend on little calories, however I know with the aid of a 4th pack, lots of coffee and a positive attitude I can get through this!!!

Its week three Im worried about L as thats the hurdle I failed to get over last time.

Anywho we shall see. I know I can do this!!

Love minimins!!!!!!!! Its a great site with great people and the app really gets me through the day

Wow! Sounds like you've got your head in the right place and you're really getting on with CD! You've got a plan for the weekend and I'm sure despite all the challenges you will get through it with flying colours! Good luck!

Lovely to hear all about you, thanks for posting. It sounds like you have a plan, and the best way to stick to one is to have one in the first place!

I still have some clubbing blood in my knackered old body, and drinking water and dancing all night is what helps me to burn a few extra calories. I am sure its different when you are on the other side of the decks, but how good will you feel doing it straight? Fantastic I think! We are coming to London on the 28th to see Hexstatic, I just need to avoid my favorite Hoxton bars and restaurant on the way there.

I tried Yoga once. I have a real problem with all that group relaxing malarkey, my brain ends up everywhere but in a place of relax. It wasnt helped by a gang of lads walking past the Church Hall and one shouting "f'in hell I've just trod in dog s***". I never went back again.

Keep writing its lovely to hear how you are getting on x

Oh god Kay I had to laugh at that!

I'm a fellow PCOS bod. Also writing on my iPod so I will be brief, but welcome back!

I also have pcos. It's the most unfair, horrible thing in my life. I'm on this diet because I'm hoping that losing a shed load of weight will relieve my symptoms!

I'm PCOS too, lots of ladies on here seem to be too. And with the weight I have lost my symptoms are much better already - I'm hoping for a miracle cure for the hair growth and spots though! xx

I went for laser treatment. It took 6 months And was £120 for half hr treatment (one visit a month and they can do a lot in half an hr!) now I only have to go once a year for a 'top up' has made a massive difference to my confidence! I really recommend it!

kfirth said:
I went for laser treatment. It took 6 months And was £120 for half hr treatment (one visit a month and they can do a lot in half an hr!) now I only have to go once a year for a 'top up' has made a massive difference to my confidence! I really recommend it!

Hi all

I'm a fellow Pcos sufferer/dieter!

I just wanted to comment on this as I've been undergoing laser treatment through the nhs! As we have a condition which is causing the excess hair we are entitled to free treatment on the nhs! Im on my 10th session and i can see a dramatic difference!

Worth a shot :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thumbelina1979 said:
Hi all

I'm a fellow Pcos sufferer/dieter!

I just wanted to comment on this as I've been undergoing laser treatment through the nhs! As we have a condition which is causing the excess hair we are entitled to free treatment on the nhs! Im on my 10th session and i can see a dramatic difference!

Worth a shot :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My nhs local authority doesn't pay for it :( had to pay myself but it was so worth it x

I actually bought in IPL machine from boots! It's ok but it doesnt completely rid you of any hair. I'm also ginge ( well strawberry blonde if you please) but my beard used to be quite dark in places, particularly my goatee! ;) no more thanks to the IPL machine :)

Nat, you never do things by halves!! I'm trying to work out how long ago I had my course, I was married so must be more than 7 years ago. Wonder if the technology has improved at all? Cant you use the machine for other things too Nat - I dont mean pretending to be a jedi - but threadveins, wrinkles? xx

Back