On the verge of giving up

Fat&FedUp

Hi All,

I'm on week 3 of SW and feel like giving up :(

I don't know why - maybe just having a bad day. I saw a video of myself taken today and i look as huge as ever. :(

I'm feeling that I just have so much to loose that i will never do it - it seems like an insurmountable task at the moment.

I'm seriously considering jumping into the car in my nightie and going to MacDonalds drive thru.

I have been really really good this week as well, as at my last weigh in i had only lost 1/2lb :sigh:

Does anyone else get days like this? :confused:

come on hunny. Pick yourself up! Everybody gets days like this and your having one of them!
Just think if you give up now, in a few months you'll be back here again probably having put on more weight and wishing you had stuck to this and could have been at least a stone lighter!
Go and weigh out half a pound on some kitchen scales and hold it.... thats how much you have lost this week!
Good luck hunny and please dont give up! xx

Aww hun I think we all have at some point and I know it sounds a cliche but take it one day at a time. Hang in there hun maybe have an early night and see what tomorrow brings xxxx

your half way to your first goal - you can't give up now. 3 weeks in and you won't see a huge difference to yourself, I've been doing SW for over 4 months and though the weight is coming off I still don't see it myself even though my clothes and other people tell me about the changes.
SW is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix, if you put the effort in you will get the results out. Everyone is different and some lose weight quicker than others. Stick to it but don't beat yourself up when you have an off day x

wow - gotta say porgeous - great picks - you are gorgeous!!!

Thanks girls,

I spent the afternoon making homemade meringues with my daughter, and then laoding them with fresh whipped cream and peaches - they looked soooo delicious, and i was soooooo good and didn't have any (except a tiny lick of cream and a tiny lick of the raw meringue mixture!)

I know that it would be silly to just go and ruin it all now, so i will stick with it and see how i've done at WI on wednesday.......

Well done for staying stong. Down days are so hard but think how much harder tomorrow would be if you gave up all the good work over the last 3 weeks. You'll have days like this but the ones that matter are when you are on such a high for knowing that you stuck it out. It makes it all worth it at the end of the day. You'll look back in a few weeks time and be so proud that you never gave up on yourself.

Thanks girls,

I spent the afternoon making homemade meringues with my daughter, and then laoding them with fresh whipped cream and peaches - they looked soooo delicious, and i was soooooo good and didn't have any (except a tiny lick of cream and a tiny lick of the raw meringue mixture!)

I know that it would be silly to just go and ruin it all now, so i will stick with it and see how i've done at WI on wednesday.......

GOOD ON YOU!!!! Good luck for weigh in!
My weigh in is wednesday so i shall be here searching for your LOSS!

There have been so many times I could have quite easily thrown in the towel but that gets you no where and that seemingly insurmountable task just goes further away! Keep at it and the rewards will soon be flooding in x

Remember hun - you contol food, food doesn't control you.

So stick two fingers up at McD's and go and have a bath and make yourself feel better that way xxx

I know that you are all right, and i know that i can do it if i put my mind to it - I just have to stay srong, positive and focused.

I guess half a lb off is half a lb off at the end of the day..........

Damn right it is! Anything off is in the right direction! It's like the woodpecker - he chips away at the tree, only taking of a tiny bit at a time but in time he gets where he wants

Back