On the way to losing 5 stones and 2 small tyres...

It took an age to decide how to start this and then I realised all I really had to do was say hello. So, errr, Hello!

I am starting to follow the slimming world [STRIKE]diet[/STRIKE] healthy eating plan tomorrow. I won't be able to get to classes and I know that my will power is fairly shocking so I am hoping that by writing this I will be more focused on staying on track.

I aim to lose 5 stones (yikes!) and my evil double tyre. I can imagine it pointing and "grrrr"ing at me (and others), a bit like the evil monkey in Family Guy.

I am going to try and do this within the next 12 months and will quite probably bore you along the way ;)

The plan for tomorrow is;
Brekkie: banana and actimel (1.5)
Lunch: Broccoli and previous batch cooked Moroccan turkey (2.5), activia 0% fat
Dinner: Going out for a leaving do...will try and be good

I did think about starting at a later date because of the eating out tomorrow but then I remembered that there is never a good time to do anything so the best thing is to just go for it!

Anyways, I best be off, otherwise (accidently wrote otherwide lol that would be my behind!) I may not stop writing.

Hi, thanks for the words of encouragement :)

This week so far has been a bit of a fail. Ate out at a Turkish restaurant which meant lots of bread and dip but main meal was boiled rice, chunks of meat and salad. I think that bit was EE! Yesterday was pasta for lunch (lots of veg) and EE Mexican mince dish for dinner but ate it with wraps which was a big no no. Skipped the pancakes as too full! Today was better; left over Mexican mince, fruit, then a veg and prawn risotto. Shame the snacks went a bit OTT, had about 28 syns...

Have planned ahead and managed to do the food shop after work. Should be better for the rest of the week as most of the "not so good" stuff has gone!

I started a food diary which I have been updating daily.

My first week has been a mixed bag. It started off a bit (well very) rocky send ended up on a high as I managed to loose 5 pounds! I feel very motivated now to stick to plan which is great.

Looking forward to a week of tasty food

Oooh my weekly check in has gone a bit awry! I weighed myself last week and put on 3lbs! Putting my total weight loss in 2 weeks to 2lbs. Obviously disappointed but it wasn't a good food week, went out and had birthday celebrations to go to but I'll be happy as long as my weight loss averages about 1.5lbs a week.

I then went straight on holiday and ate like a pig. The food was just SOOO good!! Luckily we also did a stupid amount of walking and I managed to stay the same this week! I was very surprised as I felt like I'd put on half a stone, I really did eat a lot and enjoyed it too! Just goes to show how much exercise helps. I had a go at the 30 day shred in Jan but only managed to do it for 3 days and then I started finishing work a little later and just found it difficult to fit in. I know I shouldn't use time/work etc etc as an excuse but this is how it feels to me. I have, however, started parking a little further away from work so that I have to walk for a good 10 minutes to get from car door to work door. It also means parking is free so win win!

This week I have made a food plan and sticking to it well. The only potential issue will be yet another birthday do at the end of the week. Visiting the in-laws over the weekend but have offered to do the cooking, it is mother's day after all ;)

Here's to a weight loss this week!

Back