Once more with feeling!

Purplecatkin

Hello to anyone reading this, and thank you!

I find myself coming back to Slimming World once again, after several attempts at other ways to lose weight. It's always the same, lose a fair amount, then relax and put it all back on again. It seems that I am a compulsive serial dieter. Still, I'm back for another go with enough enthusiasm to carry me through the tricky first few weeks until I settle in - that's got to be worth something, right?

So today (green to start me off!) so far I have had a mullerlight and an apple for breakfast, a cup of tea (with milk syned), a cup of green tea (not quite as bad as I was expecting) and about to have a chicken mug shot for lunch.

xx

Woohoo! Welcome back :) I've been like that the past few years too and determined to stick at it this time. If you're anything like me you get to a point where you feel better and then can no longer resist the naughty foods. Good luck with it :D

Hi Snow White, thank you for responding. Yes, that is exactly how I get! I never seem to be able to hang on to the old willpower long enough to get me past the 'I feel better about myself' phase. Maybe this time I will, or if not, at least I should get back to the 'better' part!

This afternoon I have just had fruit and lots of carrots. I think today I am trying to just eat and eat, but all healthy things. Hopefully I'll not miss any of the not-so-good food today.

Later I will have a nice big bowl of pasta and veg with a passata and herb sauce (topped with HE cheese) and I have some rice pudding (made with HE milk) cooking too.

Fingers crossed that'll be day 1 down! xx

Another good day today (red day), with a lot of fruit, veg and meat being eaten. I haven't yet managed to have any of my healthy extras (not including the splashes on milk in tea), which I know is a bit naughty. I'm sure I shall find space for a bit of cheese and a couple of Alpen light bars!

Breakfast: Melon
Lunch: Rocket, carrots, tomatoes, seafood sticks, balsamic vinegar
Dinner: Slow roast pork, vegetables, sauces (2 syns)
Snacks: Berries, Snackajacks Chili curls (4.5 syns), mullerlight, pack of twisted tail things (ok, but not exactly exciting)
HEx: Milk (so far!)

It's my birthday tomorrow, and whilst my 'main' food will be SW, I know that there are going to be some rather scrummy cakes around. When I was going around this whole diet/healthy eating thing in my head at the weekend I came to the conclusion that overall it would be better to have 2 good days before, and then after, my birthday, and then another not so good evening out on Saturday rather than just saying what the heck and putting the diet off for another week. And no doubt gaining 2lbs for it!

So although I know that, for a first week, there's probably not going to be much in the way of a loss, it's more about damage limitation than anything else!

So, 2 days 100%, it's a start! xx

Well done for being all organised and trying to limit the damage from your birthday treats :) OH has just informed me we might be going out for our Valentine's meal on Sunday as we're both out the house till late on Tuesday night and up early Wednesday. Think I'll try to take a leaf out of your book :)

So, both yesterday and today have been SW days EXCEPT for the cakes. But at least it hasn't been a total blow out. Cakes have now been eaten (not all by me!) and I really fancy making a SW quiche tonight, so I have something lovely and free to snack on over the next few days.

Thanks for the support Snow White, I hope you have a lovely Valentine's meal with your OH!

xx

P.s. Have so far resisted the urge to have a sneaky weigh in every morning. Long may it continue!

You've done great resisting the daily weigh in. I still do it everyday, just try to not get hung up on it :) As terrible as it sounds I think it's a lovely feeling when all the naughty food (like your cakes;-)) have all been eaten and they aren't they to tempt you anymore. I couldn't resist the sweety trees at work last night:-O

Back