One month down, 2/3 to go ... feeling a bit overwhelmed

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
i've been on SS for a month now, its my week 4 weigh in this afternoon. so far i've lost 13lbs and i can really see the difference. i'm determined to stick to it until the end of May as i'm on holiday in June (twice! one week away, one long weekend) and then on hold for 4 days at the start of July. i need to get as mch weight off as possible before then because although i'm determined to not totally pig out on holiday, i know that some of that weight wil easily go back on.

the problem is although i'm still very motivated, part of me feels daunted by the task of doing SS for another 2 months. i know i can do ss+ or 810 but really i want to try and stick to SS as long as i need to which will be the next 2 months. if i can lose on average a stone a month, i should be down to the low 9s by the time i go away which will be great and then i was planning on restarting CD after my holidays to get the last stone off. i suppose i'm just feeling like it's becoming a big task to stick to CD for another 2 months! any advice from long-term dieters who have stuck to it so well?? xx

Well done on your loss so far.
I think IF i were you I would be thinking 2 ways, If doing SS 100% would mean I would fall off the wagon I would do it HOWEVER For me the fact I have no food makes it easier as I know I would want more if I was on ss+. So I guess the only way to do it is have ss+ days as and when you need them ? You may find you can do SS more than you think ?
Why not look at smaller timescales instead of thinking May ? Get each week of of the way and dont think long term too much ?
Im sure you will do great, you dont have much to lose and will be at goal in no time x

thanks angel, i know ur right and i know that sticking to SS is prob the only way i will stick to CD 100% because i dont really want to start reintroducing food at such an early stage. i've done surprisingly well so far, the only time i've strayed off the diet was to have bacon and egg after my weigh in night, and thats only coz i know its a 'treat' that'll keep me in ketosis! apart from that i havent even had chocolate which i absolutely loooove, so i know i've got the resolve to stick to it! i think it's just coz i've got to the one month down stage and i'm feeling a bit 'woaaah, i've actually stuck to something for longer than a week!' it can stun you sticking to these diets because my regular diet before was so awful, full of carbs and junk and now i've managed to stick to SS for 4 weeks! yikes! :eek: x

It's a amazing feeling and the results far out weigh the bad.

Summer is just around the corner and you have lots of time away which you will undoubtedly enjoy all the more for sticking to plan now :)

You can do it x x x

yes ur right about summer coming, i need to plough on to get into a bikini without scaring anyone lol! i've just looked at the inspirational photos thread, it's definitely spurred me on to crack on with SS, the results are amazing on there! x

You can so do this.

I have lost 4st 1lb since 6th Dec and am nearly at target! I have to go bikini shopping for 4 days away at the end of the month and am so excited!

thanks oscarsmum! i'm feeling more motivated again this week, looking at this month as another month to get good weight losses! think i was just feeling scared of the fact that it would be SS for another 4 weeks, but am having my planned cheat meal this week so that's something to look forward to! x

Back