One more time!

Anti222

Hi everyone

Well, it happened again. I fell way off the wagon and hit rock bottom last night with the biggest binge I can remember. Seriously, it was so bad. I felt ill by the end of it, I hated what I’d done and I didn’t know what to do so I went to bed. I woke up this morning still full from the previous night and just felt groggy and horrible so although it’s so close to Christmas, I’m taking the bull by the horns and getting back on SW! Before leaving for work this morning I took my lunch box out the fridge that I’d filled the night before and replaced my bag of Doritos with a satsuma and replaced the mini Mars bar with two raw carrots. I’m now sitting at my desk munching on carrots and feeling better about everything. I forgot how nice raw carrots are!

I’m really going to give it my all from now on. My wedding’s in 6 months time, my honeymoon’s in 8 months time and I’ll be darned if I’m going to do either of those things looking like this! I’ve been avoiding this website for a while as I felt guilty for straying off SW and like I’d betrayed the forum! Nope, it was only myself I was letting down so here I am, ready to start again! Luckily I haven’t gained back everything I’d lost, just a few pounds, so I just have to keep going. Thanks for listening! :)

Keep at it! Just remember how ill you felt after your binge. I get that now too when I eat greasy food, too much sugar or a few glasses of wine - it just shows how much our bodies had got used to it before and how much damage we were doing without realising. Bet you'll feel so much better when you wake up tomorrow after a healthy day today. :)

Well done for starting a fresh now and not waiting until after Christmas! You should be proud!

Great attitude.

It may well happen again too but if/when it does you just have to get back on as you have done now. I suspect every single person here has been where you are but if we don't keep trying when we make an error (and that's all it is) then we will never succeed. So well done for posting and having a good day.

Good luck

Gail x

Well done for giving it another shot.
All the best! !! Post here every day. Let us know what goodies your eating :)
I find coming to this site helps a lot when im feeling demotivated x

Hi all!

Thank you so much for your responses, the support here is lovely! :)

Well, it's been 2 and a bit days since I restarted and so far so good! I managed to keep within my syn allowance both days (7.5 one day and 5.5 the other day) and Gwella was absolutely right, I felt so much better the morning after a good day on plan than I did after a binge. I've definitely got my enthusiasm back, did an online shop last night and loaded it up with healthy free foods to keep me going until Christmas. Can't wait to drop these pounds and start looking and feeling better! :D

Thanks so much for your support and kind words everyone!!

It is so inspiring to read how people are starting / continuing their journey so close to christmas. It would be so easy to give up so you can eat all the christmas goodies but think how oggd you will feel in drery Jan when you have stuck to plan over such a difficult time. Good lukc. xx

Thanks again for your support and kind words everyone!

Still going strong, although it could have gone wrong last night. I'm off out tonight to have dinner at a friends house and last night I made 4 christmas cookie trees as gifts for them. I ended up making over 50 cookies and managed to only eat one of them! The one I had was really tiny too, about 2cm in diameter and I only had it to make sure I'd got the recipe right. Not sure how many syns that would be so I went for 2. By that point I'd been syn free all day so still managed to keep within my limit (hit 9.5 in total yesterday)! Tonight might be harder, my friend is making lasagne so I'm going to stay syn free until dinner, pass on any garlic bread that might be there and only drink water or sf squash. I doubt a small piece of lasagne will tip me over my syn limit and hopefully there will be salad there to bulk it out a bit. Just hoping that they don't make chips! :)

The evening out was about as bad as it could have been lol. I'd stayed syn free all day and had been well under my syns every day leading up to the evening so I'm hoping that it didn't tip me too far over my weekly syns. The lasagne itself wasn't too bad, it had loads of nice veg in it and not too much cheese on top but there was no salad and I ended up having 3 small pieces of garlic bread as there was nothing else there. Unfortunately my friend had also made chocolate cake from scratch so I had a small slice of that too with some raspberries so most of my syns went on that. I did stick to water all night to drink though so no extra syns from drinks. I've got a cold and a bit of a tummy bug at the moment so my appetite has diminished a lot and I've had a lot of free and superfree foods this weekend so hopefully I'll see a bit of a loss tomorrow when I weigh-in. Thanks for asking! :)

Thanks! I weighed in this morning and have lost 3lbs this week :D That's an excellent result considering Friday night so fingers crossed I can do it again this week! Unfortuntely I've got my works Christmas meal this Friday night and it's a set menu so I don't have a choice of what I eat but I have tried to go for the healthiest options and it's a bit of a pretentious place we're going to so I can't imagine that the portions will be that big ;) Christmas was always going to be a struggle to stay on plan but I'll do my best! :)

Back