One of my paintings

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Blonde Logic, 6 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Well, I got some work done on the painting I am doing for our club landlord.

SHe is retiring the end of the month, and I have made this for her for a farewell gift.

THought I would share and see what people thought. The photo is only from my mobile so the colours are not coming across just right. and it is not quite complete yet but you get the idea. :)

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Crikey Jan... that's bloody good!!! I'd happily hang something like that up in my house!! :D

4. SweetFannyAdams

SweetFannyAdams Full Member

Wow, you're multi-talented, BL! Well done.

5. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Thanks Bex. :) Buildings are not my favourite thing to do....I prefer florals, seascapes, etc. My buildings always look wonky - so its a good job the buildings here are generally old and wonky naturally! :D

I love to paint and have only been able to get in my studio within the past 3 weeks - for a year it had been our "garage" storing tools, etc., so its wonderful to get back.

Must brush up a bit though. hahahah - no pun intended! :D

6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

beautiful painting bl, im sure she will be delighted with it :) x x

7. Daisybank

Daisybank Hmmmmmm!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    that's so lovely hun - you are so clever. What a nice pressie :)

8. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Than you SFA. I have a few online albums of my work.....if anyone wants to have a look, feel free. I think I know you all well enough now to share this. AFter all, I have shared blind near everything else about me!! :rotflmao:

Oil Paintings pictures from hobbies & interests photos on webshots

Oil Paintings - Florals pictures from hobbies & interests photos on webshots

Oil Paintings - Animals pictures from hobbies & interests photos on webshots

Drawings pictures from hobbies & interests photos on webshots

9. SweetFannyAdams

SweetFannyAdams Full Member

Love the fairy & butterfly pics - they'd be great book illustrations. Eye of the wave is really cool too.

10. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Thanks SFA. The butterfly drawing has immense meaning to me. I face up to something very painful last year, that I had denied for over 20 years - part of why I was fat. You may or may not have read it in my Blog thread. But After having to finally deal with 20 years worth of buried stuff, that is what immerged.

It was so healing drawing it and so symbolic, that I have decided to get it tattooed on my back when I am at goal. I want it with me always. It will fill my right shoulderblade and with a backward glance I will catch the little faeries, which represent guardian angels. I can;t wait to have it on me. Its part of what has got me to where I am today. :)

11. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Oh, it's lovely BL, but then I love all your paintings. What a wonderful gift you have :)

12. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Jan, there are some truly beautiful paintings!! I've not seen many people capture a floral arrangement that well!! Truly lovely and you are truly talented!!! :) My very favourite is the Hibisicus 2006!! It's stunning!!

13. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

they are all lovely paintings, i really like the animal ones. When i was pregnant i used to paint a bit it was paint by numbers though im not very creative or arty but i still have them and they turned out beautiful! reminds me of happy times!!

14. My~Turn~Now

My~Turn~Now Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    your very talented, I particularly like the floral paintings. they are beautiful. its a pity your studio has been out of action such a long time as im sure painting would have helped distract you while dieting.... hmmm Jan considers taking up painting ;)

15. RecoveringChocaholic

RecoveringChocaholic I'm going to be slim

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Well BL will you ever cease to amaze me what a talented lady you are I could just walk in that pub & have a pint(water of course) I am sure tha landlady will be thrilled

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.