one step at a time

why_d

by name, wide by nature
I've decided to give SW EE a try and am aiming to fill in this diary on a regular basis in the hopes that people can offer me support, tips and advice and wave the red flag at any really obvious mistakes I'm making.

So I started yesterday and had:

Breakfast - Scrambled egg and 1 slice of granary toast (no spread, HEb)
Snack - Apple
Lunch - Potato and Leek soup with a Hamburger bun (6.5 Syns?)
Snack - Nectarine
Dinner - 2 pork chops (rind removed), 2 small baked potatoes and half a tin of processed peas

I'm diabetic so to keep my blood sugar up I also had an evening snack of a Muller Light yoghurt

I'm not a big dairy fan and as I'd nothing in the fridge I missed out on a HEa option.

Today I've gone with:

Breakfast - 2 slices of backed bacon, half can of baked beans and 1 slice of granary toast (no spread, HEb)
Snack - Nectarine
Lunch - Potato and Leek soup and a fruit salad of pear and strawberry covered with Muller Light
Dinner - Syn free(?) cottage pie topped with mashed potato, sweet potato and butternut squash. I also had a slice of apple pie (the blood sugars were low... 11.5 syns)

I got some milk in today so will have a glass before bed for my HEa allowance.

so that's day 2 almost over and i'm already missing bread.. usually have a few slices of toast before bed need to figure out how to factor that in without adding too many syns

any advice or suggestions would be great

hi why d, I must admit I haven't missed bread at all, in fact I feel so much better for not eating it, the ww bread is a HEB, you could use that for toast, as for HEA - what about cheese if you're not a very big milk drinker? you could have cheese on toast or 1/2 cheese/1/2 milk to make 1 HEA

All looks good to me, my tips are
* keep diary and be honest, otherwise what's the point?
* eat 1/2 superfree with every meal
* use smaller dinner plate
* plate up your superfree first then add the "nice" bits of meal
* don't starve yourself
* don't cheat - there is always an option if you get a craving
* look on the recipe board for SW adapted favorite meals

Good luck, donnax

thanks Donna

started with weetabix this morning with 100mls of milk so will try cheese triangles to make up the HEa component. fingers crossed!

Day 3 and the cracks are showing. Mentally we’re all good but can’t say the same about physically.

To give a bit of background I’m a T4 complete paraplegic, which means I’m paralysed from the chest down and have NO control of my body past my hands and arms. It’s a bit of a pain but for the most part I get by.

My current problem with the diet is that the amount of fruit I’m eating is causing issue with (to put it politely) bowel management and that makes it a MASSIVE issue.

Today I’ve cut back on the fruit intake and will try and reintroduce a bit more over the coming days but will need to figure out handy ways of getting the superfree foods without it causing too much upset to my digestive system.

If I can’t do that then I may have to give it up as a bad job which is a shame cos it looks so promising!

Todays menu:

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Lunch - Potato and Leek soup and a frozen Muller Light
Snack – Walls Twister mini (2.5 syns)
Dinner - Syn free(?) cottage pie topped with mashed potato, sweet potato and butternut squash. 3tbs of brown sauce (3 syns) and another Muller Light.
Before bed I’ll have 1 slice of granary toast (4 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

9.5 syns in total

Day 4 and things are going well, my previous fears are still there but wading on...

Today I’ve gone with:

Snack – some pineapple chunks
Lunch - Potato and Leek soup (that’s the last of that soup so will have to make up a new one tomorrow) and a frozen Muller Light
Snack – nectarine
Dinner – Veg stirfry with noodles and a Birdseye hot&spicy chicken breast (8.5 syns) finished off with some more pineapple chunks
Before bed I’ll have 1 slice of granary toast (4 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

12.5 syns in total

So it’s all going well so far but in the morning I’m going to the local farmers market and meeting a friend for lunch so will be interesting how I get on. How many syns are in a crepe I wonder? lol

Argh! totally gutted! went for lunch and thought i was going for a safe option of broccoli soup and a grilled chicken wrap only to find that the wrap itself was worth 8.5 syns!

i'd also bought myself a lovely rhubarb muffin at the farmers market but there's no way i can chance that this evening. hope it's just as nice tomorrow...

Today was a high syn day all round

Snack – some pineapple chunks
Lunch – Broccoli soup and a grilled chicken wrap (8.5 syns) the wrap also had some cheese (1/2 HEa)
Snack – nectarine and plum
Dinner – chicken breast with pasta and SF veg/tomato pasta sauce
Snack – ½ a rocky road – well ¼ of one but it was a big one (5 syns??) - the muffin was ate by a friend
Before bed some pineapple chunks to keep the blood sugar up

12.5 syns in total – tho the rocky road was prob worth more..

Well today didn’t go to plan, had a good day really, had been syn free all day and then went out for dinner... but I’m not going to worry I’m just going to pick myself up and be all good again tomorrow!

Breakfast – 2 slices of back bacon, scrambled egg and 1 slice of granary toast (no spread, HEb)
Snack - pineapple
Lunch – leftover pasta and sauce, with some parmesan (HEa) a muller light and a plum
Snack - Nectarine
Dinner – Frankie and Bennys – no idea what the syns were but def over 15 – I know some people count syns by the week so I may still be in my weekly allowance but doubt it..

Finished off the night with lots of pineapple chunks

It’s been a good day and a bad day.

Good day – first weigh in and I’ve lost 8.5KG (18lb)!!!!!! Now it’s worth pointing out that I have LOADS to lose and do retain quite a bit of fluid, but REALLY happy with that result!!

Bad day – my wheelchair has a puncture so I’m stuck in bed a few days until the service men come out and sort it!

How do I go about adding my awards symbols to my signature? lol

lloks like i need to amend my signature already! yay!

Still on a bit of a high after weigh in even though I’m stuck in bed. Today I had:

Breakfast –Scrambled egg and 1 slice of granary toast (no spread, HEb)
Snack - pineapple
Lunch – leftover pasta and sauce, with some parmesan (HEa) and an orange
Dinner – Baked potato with bacon, cabbage and turnip (swede), 2 tbs of brown sauce (2syns), half slice of sponge cake (4syns), some pineapple and a muller light

Will finish off the night with a nectarine and a plum to keep the sugars up.

Total 6 syns

Evening all

Got the chair fixed this afternoon so today wasn't too much of a loss. the menu today went as:

Snack – Orange
Lunch - Potato and Leek soup, a plum and a pear
Dinner – SW pork and leek sausages (0.5 syns), champ and some baked beans, tbs of brown sauce (1 syn) a Muller light and a pear
Before bed I’ll have 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 6.5 syns

thanks!! my own dropped as well just hope it keeps going in the right direction... i see you're halfway there! well done!

someone got the bread before bed routine back hey ;)

yes! tried a few nights without and not only did i miss that savoury crunch in the evenings, but i found that the fruit at night spiked my bloodsugar but then actually dragged it down lower than i would want, whereas bread keeps the sugars at a level that works for me. so i'm not feeling guilty about eating it. it's eaten for 'medical' purposes!;) but means i have to save syns to keep it on, lol

Evening all

Had a very lazy day, didn’t leave the house and watched some really awful movies, but ate ok-ish:

Snack - apple
Lunch - Potato and Leek soup, 2 oranges and a frozen Muller light
Dinner – SW Chips with Tesco breaded haddock (8.5 syns), carrots and 1 tbs of reduced sugar/salt ketchup (1 syn?), mini walls twister (2.5 syns) and an apple
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 12 syns

Evening

After watching some really awful movies yesterday, I’ve just finished watching The Girl Who Played With Fire and it was amazing! Much better than the first and the first was great!
Lunch - Parsnip soup though with the amount of garlic I put in it, it could have been called garlic soup, lol, 2 pineapple and a nectarine
Snack – frozen banana – am I meant to unpeel it before I freeze it? T’was a messy affair!
Dinner – chicken breast with champ and swede, pineapple and a muller light
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 5 syns

Hi just read your thread, your doing amazingly!! Keep it up I'm looking forward to your next weigh in to see how you do!
I've never tried frozen banana was it nice?! X

Back