• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

One step at a time

I have a special holiday in July and I don't want to be sitting there on holiday ashamed of my size. Today is my first step of actually acknowledging how big I have got and now facing up to the fact I need to do something about it. Diet and exercise is a must, using my gym membership is vital as well as becoming more active in every part of my life. I have scared myself with this size and now I need to do something about it. My husband is a lovely man who doesn't seem to care what size I am but I need to do this for his holiday too!
I have faced the scales and I am 217lbs, not that I am shocked given the time of year but it was enough to make me take notice. I will never be a skinny minny but I want to be healthy and able to walk up a flight of stairs without losing breath.
From tomorrow I will be tracking my food and exercise, I used ki fit before and it sort of works but needs a lot of work from me but I guessed that losing weight will have to involve my input and that's not easy. I will be back in the gym and also using a fitness game on xbox for the days not at gym, I am putting my faith in all this.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
Hi daisy where are u off too nice. ? Having a holiday to look forward too will work a treat.
I'm off to the carbbiean in march so need to get thinking about bikinis soon lol x

Good luck

*Shanny* said:
Hi daisy where are u off too nice. ? Having a holiday to look forward too will work a treat.
I'm off to the carbbiean in march so need to get thinking about bikinis soon lol x

Good luck
Have a cruise booked, something my husband has always wanted to do and I know that I would spoil it if I am "funny" about my size. Where are you going? Sounds like a great time of year to go as it will be still chilly here.

Ok so I have to do something I said to my husband this morning. I read the magazines that came with the Sunday papers and decided on joining slimming world. I asked hubby's opinion and he was happy to go ahead, to be honest I think he wants me to lose the weight so I am not complaining about it. So slimming world diet starts tomorrow, today will be spent reading up about it and sorting meals for the week. It's make or break now!

S: 19st2lb C: 19st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 47.5 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi Daisy, Good luck with SW, Sounds like your determined to lose the weight Im sure you will, I look forward to reading how you get along, I dont have a holiday booked yet.. as never wanted to go being the weight I am but hopefully that will change in 2011. x

Katierose said:
Hi Daisy, Good luck with SW, Sounds like your determined to lose the weight Im sure you will, I look forward to reading how you get along, I dont have a holiday booked yet.. as never wanted to go being the weight I am but hopefully that will change in 2011. x
I just have to do it, I feel like I have my life on hold due to my size and although I have a great hubby I don't want to hold him back on his dream holiday. It's surprising how much weight issues hold us back ie not going on holiday, not going out, etc as a result I think it's time to take back control, so I guess I am determined this time. Good luck with your quest it's nice to be able to support on here and also be supported.

S: 19st2lb C: 19st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 47.5 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I absolutely agree Daisy and this will be our year, I ve wasted so many years putting off things due to my weight and how I really feel about it.. I kidded myself that I was happy.. Never was Never will be so this year I am doing something about it.. So I look forward to us supporting each other x