One step forward, two steps back

R2Diet2

Hi all, I joined Weight Watchers 6 weeks ago and for the first three weeks I followed it perfectly. I lot 10 lbs. After that I let it slip a little and then a bit more.

Due to work commitments I couldn't make it to my meetings for three weeks running and I used this as an excuse to binge and not watch what I was eating. Now I've gained 5lbs of the 10 I lost. I feel as though I've lost that motivation I had in the beginning and I'm falling back into the angry-with-myself/sad/eating-lots-to-cheer-up loop.

Please help me stop. The only difference this time around with trying a diet is that I'm actually seeking support and not pretending it's not happening until I've gained all the weight lost and more. :( I need a MiniMins pep talk!

Hun, I want to congratulate you, because as you say it's easier to pretend that nothings is happening; instead you're brave and realise you need to get back on track and ask for support.
That being said, you're on the right place because Minimins are a support forum after all:grouphugg:

Other thing I would like to note is that weight loss is a journey and like every journey it has ups and downs. The important thing is to keep going.
Think about what you did on the first 3 weeks that made it work (which foods were you eating, what exercise where you doing, which people were around you) and try to repeat it. If something works, don't change it:p

And my last note is: trust yourself, trust you can make it. Our expactations are the motivation of our actions, love yourself, love your powerfull self;)

x

aline said - The important thing is to keep going.
Think about what you did on the first 3 weeks that made it work (which foods were you eating, what exercise where you doing, which people were around you) and try to repeat it. If something works, don't change it:p

she is right there

the main thing is to think how much do you want to lose the weight - do you really really want to - it will take effort and will power

Back