Online or classes

tubbynomore

Gold Member
Hi I'm thinking of doing WW but I know because of my work and shifts I won't get to a meeting every week.
Is anyone here doing it only online or would you recommend I join a class even if I can't go.

Hey :)
Id recommend if ur new to the propoints system, join at a class as with doing it online, the diet itself isnt really explained. I joined online late year and set myself up for a fail cos I didn't understand the diet. In June this year there were vouchers in the paper got a half price first month at classes and now I understand The diet perfectly and its so easy! It will be my last week of classes next week as I'm moving house and cant realy afford to keep it up, it was my plan to just join to understand the diet anyway :) good luck with whatever choice u make. Ul never be short of support it advice on here :) Xx

I do weight watchers from home. I only use an app on my iphone theres 2 i use one is called iwatchr and cost 69p the other is called ultimate value diary and cost £1.99 i've managed with those and this website since january and have lost 2st 7lb.

I'm starting to struggle with the last stone so considering joining a class. You could try a class for a few weeks then see if you could do it from home once you understand the diet.

Good luck x

I'm currently doing WW Online (largely because of unhealthy work patterns...being a librarian doesn't make for a good social time), but have been to classes in the past so know the diet well. As has been said, If you're new to WW then a class might be handy...as nothing is really explained online, and classes are great for the whole boost and motivation aspect of things.

Join initially till you get the hang of it? I know if I don't keep going I will give up, but you might work better alone. The monthly pass is great- you don't need to go to the same meeting every week, just go to the one you can manage plus you get esource which I could not live w/o right now! x

I've subscribed to ww online and for me it's great - its about what works for you - I'm generally good and logging everything and able to stay in the rules - if I was to stay the same for a few weeks I know enough to know what to adjust - this forum is great for extra support

I'm an on-liner as classes do not do it for me. There is loads of support and advice on this forum too. WW and Minimins - best thing I have ever done!

It's really down to how you work best - I don't mind spending a bit of time exploring the diet and how it works, and I know after years of trying that meetings put me under a pressure I don't need, and actually have a negative effect on me. The books are available on ebay, so you could invest in some of them. Or, if you feel the support and advice from a meeting would help you at the start, then perhaps as someone has suggested, go along for a short time to get the info?

Also I might be wrong, but I think if you tell a consultant about your shift patterns, then you don't have to pay if you miss a meeting because of work. Worth checking though.

Thanks for your answers. I think I'll go along to a meeting and chat with the leader about my shifts etc. See what she suggests.
I think you're right I will need the support of a class to learn the ropes first.

Hey Ali always here if you needs any advice Hun xxx

charlie's~mummy said:
Hey Ali always here if you needs any advice Hun xxx

Yep thanks hun, you're a great support xx

Back