Only 1 foot in the CD camp!

TriciaM

After 6 weeks of almost sticking to SS 95% of the time and losing 23lb I've decided that I have to mix CD with some wisely chosen food

I'm going to have a CD product for breakfast and lunch and eat dinner with my family but use myfitnesspal to make sure I don't undo the good results from CD

This decision is based purely on boredom of eating the same 3 products every day (I don't like anything else)

But, if it doesn't work back to SS for me

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated x

I've 26lb to lose

Well done you on your lose!! What were your weekly loses like? I think as long as you don't pick and snack you should continue to lose weight, but if your not hungry only eat a small amount of food.

Hi Lisa
My weekly losses were a bit disappointing (for me) considering I wasn't actually 'eating' and paying £40 on top of the family food shop

I was losing about 3lb a week although I did have one week where I lost 7lb

And that is part of the reason for moving away from CD. I think it's a great diet and it works but if you're only losing such small amounts there's got to be another way which is cheaper and more enjoyable

I'd worked out it was going to cost me £13 for every 1lb lost!

TriciaM said:
After 6 weeks of almost sticking to SS 95% of the time and losing 23lb I've decided that I have to mix CD with some wisely chosen food

I'm going to have a CD product for breakfast and lunch and eat dinner with my family but use myfitnesspal to make sure I don't undo the good results from CD

This decision is based purely on boredom of eating the same 3 products every day (I don't like anything else)

But, if it doesn't work back to SS for me

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated x

I've 26lb to lose

Could you not just do a higher cd step? It's the same sort of thing but following the correct portion amounts and refilling your glycogen stores slowly. Have you spoken to your CDC about it x

If you went for low carb options and mainly protein based you should still be able to get similar results to CD but without the extra cost. Good luck whatever you decide to do and 23lbs is nothing to be sniffed at, it's almost 2 stone of FAT GONE!!!!

Try adding in some slim and save savoury meals. They do make life on cd more bearable! If you go for your option then it's more of an 810 step. 3 products and some wisely chosen low GI foods. Look in your book for ideas.

Thanks ladies, I'm going with my plan to have a CD product for breakfast & lunch until I run out then I'm going to replace with S&S stuff and eat a sensible dinner with the family

I don't mind the cost but I can't justify it to myself when I'm only losing the same amount I could lose with calorie counting

I'm not knocking the CD I think it's amazing and it has been responsible to shifting 23lb in 6 weeks. It's a cracking diet I'm just bored and struggling to justify the cost of it and with the exception of a 7lb whoosh one week I've literally only lost 2-3lb each week

If this little plan doesn't work I'll try SS with S&S

i did something similar last year and lost a bit but i wasnt really sensible what i ate lol, it will work but slower - ill probably do the same the week before my holidays so im eating carbs every day, im also gonna take powder shakes on hols for my breakfast so i dont eat so much bread... do whatever works for YOU xxx

It's been 1 week today since I started my self devised semi CD plan and according to my scales I've lost 3lb, the same as the CD SS diet!

I'm using myfitnesspal religiously to record everything I eat. It makes me really think about what I'm eating and stops me from 'going mad' I'm a real carb fiend but I'm dodging the bread, pasta etc and filling up on salad and fruit

TriciaM said:
It's been 1 week today since I started my self devised semi CD plan and according to my scales I've lost 3lb, the same as the CD SS diet!

I'm using myfitnesspal religiously to record everything I eat. It makes me really think about what I'm eating and stops me from 'going mad' I'm a real carb fiend but I'm dodging the bread, pasta etc and filling up on salad and fruit

I really like the sound of what you are doing. Please be sure to keep us posted as I might do a similar thing :)

I weigh myself daily regardless of any advice :) I usually STS for 5 days of the week and drop weight on the Friday / Saturday so I'll keep you updated. I've a draw full of CD stuff so if even 1lb goes on I'll SS it!

TriciaM said:
I weigh myself daily regardless of any advice :) I usually STS for 5 days of the week and drop weight on the Friday / Saturday so I'll keep you updated. I've a draw full of CD stuff so if even 1lb goes on I'll SS it!

Well done you...... I start week 9 on Tuesday I think 34lb loss will not know until tomorrow however I've bored and ready for a poached egg!!!
I need some thing to eat... From 13.2 to10.10... Still can see fat.. I'm size 12.... I just fancy a small meal....

Miletaj I can't wait to get to 10st 10lb ;-) I'm loving eating sensibly but I'm grateful for CD for getting me to this point

Well.... My scales were wrong... Weighed in at 10.11.... Next weigh in going in 8 days....... My goal is 10.2.. I've decided....

Back