only 30lb - how long?

I need to get my weight down from 11st to 9st (I'm short, so that gets my BMI down to 24.5) Any ideas on what a realistic loss per week would be? I know that the heavier you are, the more you can expect to lose each week. I don't want to start out with unreasonable expectations and get discouraged.

bakedalaska said:
I need to get my weight down from 11st to 9st (I'm short, so that gets my BMI down to 24.5) Any ideas on what a realistic loss per week would be? I know that the heavier you are, the more you can expect to lose each week. I don't want to start out with unreasonable expectations and get discouraged.

Exante say 1 stone a month on TS, but obviously depends on the individual :) I think they say expect 12-16lbs a month :)

Thanks! I just wondered whether that was true as well for dieters with less to lose. Week 1 has been a 6lb loss. That's mostly water, right?

bakedalaska said:
Thanks! I just wondered whether that was true as well for dieters with less to lose. Week 1 has been a 6lb loss. That's mostly water, right?

Yes generally the lower your BMI the slower it goes but I think that hold with any diet :) no some will be water but some will be fat :) that's great baked :D hope week 2 is good too x

Back