only lost 3lb in 2 and a half weeks

Kayleigh1986

im trying my best with my eating, not had any accidents whatsoever, been going to the gym, and ive only lost 3lb in 2 and a half weeks, im back at the doctors a week on monday for my month review and im worried he will think ive not lost enough

Kayleigh1986 said:
im trying my best with my eating, not had any accidents whatsoever, been going to the gym, and ive only lost 3lb in 2 and a half weeks, im back at the doctors a week on monday for my month review and im worried he will think ive not lost enough

Have you been eating enough? You've still got another week & a bit before docs, try not to stress x

My doc said that the min to loose each week was 500g which is about a 1lb a week which is what you look like you are loosing...

If you have upped your exercise you may need to eat a bit more.. Strange but true :)

i went to see the doctor for another eating related issue yesterday and he told me i should be eating less not more. He told me my diet was fine and was quite good apparently.

Im just a bit down in the dumps about it i suppose. i thought it would be a quick fix i suppose but im gonna hit the gym hard this week and see if i can lose another 2lb by next week

x

what kcal level are you eating?

Also if you are having trouble "going" to the loo that could be why your weigh is not coming down so quickly? I had this to start with and now take aloe Vera juice to help :)

Are you drinking enough water?? 2l plus a day??

How are you doing with trying new foods :)

Kayleigh1986 said:
i went to see the doctor for another eating related issue yesterday and he told me i should be eating less not more. He told me my diet was fine and was quite good apparently.

Im just a bit down in the dumps about it i suppose. i thought it would be a quick fix i suppose but im gonna hit the gym hard this week and see if i can lose another 2lb by next week

x

It's not a quick fix though hon, nothing is in life hey! My friends seem to be of the same opinion but my hubby is quick to tell them it's not & just how hard I'm still having to work. My loss has now slowed down to about 7lbs every 4 weeks but that's still going the right way. Just try & stay positive & do as much exercise as you can x

what kcal level are you eating?

Also if you are having trouble "going" to the loo that could be why your weigh is not coming down so quickly? I had this to start with and now take aloe Vera juice to help :)

Are you drinking enough water?? 2l plus a day??

How are you doing with trying new foods :)

Im eating between 1100 and 1500 calories a day, not having any trouble going to the toilet but im probably not going as often as I was before. Not drinking enough water but ive been and bought some bottled water today so going to drink more from now on.

The trying new foods isnt happening. I went to the doctors to ask him if there was anything i could try to change my way of thinking, and that i believed it was food neophobia, he told me no, im a fussy eater and i either need to try new things or stick to eating what i already eat. Not helpful at all! He didnt understand at all, quite literally the thought of trying something new just upsets me and makes me want to cry :-(

Kayleigh1986 said:
Im eating between 1100 and 1500 calories a day, not having any trouble going to the toilet but im probably not going as often as I was before. Not drinking enough water but ive been and bought some bottled water today so going to drink more from now on.

The trying new foods isnt happening. I went to the doctors to ask him if there was anything i could try to change my way of thinking, and that i believed it was food neophobia, he told me no, im a fussy eater and i either need to try new things or stick to eating what i already eat. Not helpful at all! He didnt understand at all, quite literally the thought of trying something new just upsets me and makes me want to cry :-(

Your kcal level sounds ok, you have room to come down to a lower level once you are ready, it took me a good few mths to get to grips with eating less food, I do ok most days :) but am still a comfort eater on my down days (like today) :) drinking more water will help :)

Ask to see another doc and ask (demand) to be taken seriously and if need be referred to someone else who can help! You have a right to be taken seriously with your fears and to receive help.

Your kcal level sounds ok, you have room to come down to a lower level once you are ready, it took me a good few mths to get to grips with eating less food, I do ok most days :) but am still a comfort eater on my down days (like today) :) drinking more water will help :)

Ask to see another doc and ask (demand) to be taken seriously and if need be referred to someone else who can help! You have a right to be taken seriously with your fears and to receive help.

Thank you, its nice to be taken seriously, i felt like id been slapped in the face when he called me a fussy eater, i know its so much more than that but he just kept saying i dont see your problem!

I was tracking my food for the first 2 weeks but havent for the past week. I need to start again. Ive discovered roast potatoes and roast carrots done with a little frylight, amazing, but i dont know what to count that as when im tracking x

Kayleigh1986 said:
Thank you, its nice to be taken seriously, i felt like id been slapped in the face when he called me a fussy eater, i know its so much more than that but he just kept saying i dont see your problem!

I was tracking my food for the first 2 weeks but havent for the past week. I need to start again. Ive discovered roast potatoes and roast carrots done with a little frylight, amazing, but i dont know what to count that as when im tracking x

I track mine as normal potato & carrot then just track the fry light. I have roast veg at least 3 times a week x

I track mine as normal potato & carrot then just track the fry light. I have roast veg at least 3 times a week x

Ok thats great thanks for that, makes me feel better as im having it 3 times a week, ive been steaming chicken and having it with the roast potatoes and carrots, throw a yorkshire pud on and a bit of stuffing and its not a bad meal..i hope haha!

Kayleigh1986 said:
Ok thats great thanks for that, makes me feel better as im having it 3 times a week, ive been steaming chicken and having it with the roast potatoes and carrots, throw a yorkshire pud on and a bit of stuffing and its not a bad meal..i hope haha!

Sounds good :)

Back