only lost 4lb the first week gutted?

confused

Hey there started the Cambridge diet a few weeks ago and stuck to it 110% had all my water too but only lost 4lb the first week then not an impressive 3.5lb in week two now im nearly done week 3 but I don't think its going to be more that 1 or2 pounds I really want to give up b caz I prob could. Lose that weight by eating healthily and exercise,, the losses are they worth paying £43 every week PLEASE HELP ANY ONE PLEAS THANX any Mitchell xxx

I think you have to consider that you would probably be paying the same or more to eat healthily. Also, the effects of ketosis and the limitations of the diet make it easier to follow because you don't have the choice of overeating food and ketosis means you feel less hunger as well. Some weeks my losses haven't been great either, but, it evens out to roughly one stone a month. By cutting calories, I usually ended up losing only about 2 lbs a week unless I was eating very low calorie. However, it's also harder to get all the vitamins and minerals needed through this.

Thanx guys for ur reply hoping for more than 3lb this week otherwise im gonna quit I have no choice bcaz im dissapointed with first two losses people usually lost a stone at week three unlike 7.5pounds so I will wait and see for Thursdays results xxxx best of luck guys U R so lucky yo have lost 3stone in 9 weeks that is amazing xxx

I have seen peoples first week be as low as 4lb and as high as 12lb, but it depends on the person and the step you are on.

I can't remember if you are on ss, if you are maybe try ss+ to see if that boosts your metabolism a bit. What has your consultant said about this?

it also depends on the amount you need to lose, and more you need to lose in total the more likely you are to see big losses...
good luck with your next weigh in xx

Hey firelass and Sarah thanx for ur support im on sole source 3meals A day and 3litres of water, nothing else never cheated , im having my third weigh tmrw c what it brings , I was 12stone 5 when started the diet im short 5ft tall so I do have a fair bit to lose I should be aiming for about 8stone 7lb .so I have about four stones to lose. My clothes still fit me they not any looser, may be this diet is not for me . I don't know , my consultant said its good weight loss but maybe ur retaining water. Shouldn't be bcaz im on third week starting fourth tmrw, I don't want to lose huge amounts every week but at least a stone in the first month, as I only have untill the 9 th of July to stay on the diet then I have to have a month off due to Ramadan eid ECT. I hope it works out b caz im doing this 110% right and I want to be 10stone 5lb by the target date,but if im losing weight at this rate I'll be here forever and don't know if I will be able to afford it for soooo long , and firelass will speak to my consultant about as plus but if im not getting great losses with ss I doubt its gonna get better with ss plus but I will wait and see for this month, if I don't lose a stone by end of week four im defo going to try and go to gym and healthy eating I lose 2lb a week like that tryed it twice before, but changed to cd becaz people said U lose weight quicker and I wanted to shift 2 stone in 10 weeks but c what happens thanx U guys good luck to U all xxx

I have lost 3 stone in 11 weeks. X

I have lost 3 stone in 11 weeks. X

hey well done to U that's what I want to do lose weight but my losses ate very slow and im getting demotivated especially when im doing it 100% good luck to U on achieving ur goal xxx

a lot of it has to do with how much you weigh at the start. you don't weight that much to begin with compared to some of us that are much bigger and will therefore lose more at the beginning.

hi there tnx for ur post I do feel abit better , becaz it does make me think that I did start at a lower loosing weight x im 5ft and want to weigh about 8/9 stone in between not bothered as long ad im losing reasonably at least a syone a month my 3rd weigh in tmrw so c how it goesx by the way well done you for losing 17 lb so far keep it up U will get there in no time xxxx,

Just popping in to say that your losses are NOT slow! :)

The first week is water weight, so it's not fat, if you had a large loss in the first week it just means you retained a lot of water, if you had a smaller loss then you just didn't have a lot of water held up in your body. When someone loses a stone on the first week it's just water, it's not fat, and it will return as soon as you start eating normally, so please don't worry about that. :)

Secondly, 3-4 pounds a week is after that initial water loss is AMAZING. Even 2lbs a week is great. You are VERY unlikely to get stable, solid losses eeeeeevery single week just by eating healthy and exercising, this diet means you're practically guaranteed a loss each week. I really don't think any other diet can hold up to that.

Good luck and please don't fret about how much you're losing, it's on track!

Just popping in to say that your losses are NOT slow! :)

The first week is water weight, so it's not fat, if you had a large loss in the first week it just means you retained a lot of water, if you had a smaller loss then you just didn't have a lot of water held up in your body. When someone loses a stone on the first week it's just water, it's not fat, and it will return as soon as you start eating normally, so please don't worry about that. :)

Secondly, 3-4 pounds a week is after that initial water loss is AMAZING. Even 2lbs a week is great. You are VERY unlikely to get stable, solid losses eeeeeevery single week just by eating healthy and exercising, this diet means you're practically guaranteed a loss each week. I really don't think any other diet can hold up to that.

Good luck and please don't fret about how much you're losing, it's on track!

hey there just had my third weigh in and stayed the same its not fair I only lost 7.5lb in three weeks, I have done the diet 110% so the loss is not good my consultant just said the only thing she can think of is water retention but im trying for this week then ditching it, I can probrabaly lose more exercising and healthy eating its wasting my money and im soooo dissapointed with the results xx

Please don't give up - are u due TOTM this could be the reason some weeks I have only lost 1.5lb and the following week made up for it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Please don't give up - are u due TOTM this could be the reason some weeks I have only lost 1.5lb and the following week made up for it x

hi bunny72 I know I don't want to give up either but just think about it iv only lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks and its not totm either so its strange, im not doing exercise either bcaz they say U lose less with exercise any way after the 3 weeks on diet had a massive binge becaz was fed up of crappy results even though followed diet110% iv never come a cross anyone lose so little on cd in 3 weeks maybe this diet isn't for me :-(

You have to do this diet based on your own body comparing weight losses with others who are differnt shapes and sizes is a sure fire way of feeling bad and the likely hood of stopping the diet.

Everyone is different but with this diet you know you will lose weight as long as you stick to the plan. Weight losses may be low some weeks but you could still be loosing inches.

The first week is water weight and not fat. The more water you drink the better I jave found my weight losses to be

Confused: lets see what happens on week 4 get back on it straight away - I can provide u support do u want my mob number x

I'm confused, Confused. ;)

Looking back through your posts, you lost 9lbs in week 1, 4lbs in week 2, 3.5lbs in week 3 and had a stay-the-same this week. So you've lost 1st 2.5lbs in 4 weeks. Seems pretty good going to me. :confused: It's very common to have a small loss or a stay the same in week 3/4, despite the fact you're only eating dust. It's just the way the body works unfortunately. Don't be seduced by other diet plans. You will not lose weight faster on another diet. Don't look at week to week losses, keep your eye on the bigger picture. That 9lbs in week one would not all have been water - a good 3-4 pounds of it would have been fat loss. :clap:

Don't worry about the binge. Put it behind you and carry on!

As Lily said, you have posted on several threads that you lost 9lb on week one and 4lb on week two... So confused as to why you are claiming on this thread to have lost so little. Most people would be more than happy with over a stone in that period.

I'm confused, Confused. ;)

Looking back through your posts, you lost 9lbs in week 1, 4lbs in week 2, 3.5lbs in week 3 and had a stay-the-same this week. So you've lost 1st 2.5lbs in 4 weeks. Seems pretty good going to me. :confused: It's very common to have a small loss or a stay the same in week 3/4, despite the fact you're only eating dust. It's just the way the body works unfortunately. Don't be seduced by other diet plans. You will not lose weight faster on another diet. Don't look at week to week losses, keep your eye on the bigger picture. That 9lbs in week one would not all have been water - a good 3-4 pounds of it would have been fat loss. :clap:

Don't worry about the binge. Put it behind you and carry on!

hey there I lost 4lb the first week by the way second week was 3.5 lb third week I stayed the same thankyou .

Back