Onwards & Upwards

TraceyLou

Hi all, let me introduce myself:

My name is Tracey married with 2 children who need me less and less (not sure if that's good or bad lol) I have decided that 2013 is time for me. I want to share my story and weight loss journey with others who understand and who can inspire me.

I have never been what you call slim I was always the chubby one in the group, my weight has slowly crept up and up and my waist slowly has expanded, it all started after having the children ( I know, no excuse) and like most people it gradually got worse after giving up smoking, to the point i could no longer buy clothes in " normal" high street shops.

But I am really happy I have been cigarette free for almost 3 year.

To be honest I never thought much about my weight I was happy really enjoyed my food loved cooking, until one day I caught the whole of me in the mirror (something I tried to avoid) and I didn't see me.:( no wonder my joints ached and I felt tired all the time.

With the help of other family members I tried to lose weight, at this point I weighed in at my heaviest 15st 2lb within 6 weeks I had lost 5lb but with Christmas fast approaching I knew I was going to struggle so I gave up and had good Christmas.

I then decided that 2013 was the year I was gonna lose weight so I went to the Doctors for some advice and to my horror after blood test, I was confirmed type 2 Diabetic already on medication for high blood pressure the doctor quickly put me on cholesterol tablets and we spoke about trying to control the diabetes with diet first. So that was it on January the 10th I had my first SW meeting and my first official weigh in wasn't looking forward to this....... actually I was really pleased I had maintained over Christmas weighing in at 14st 11.5lb.

I have now been at SW for 10 weeks and have lost 15.5lbs its the best thing I ever did taking back control. I know I have a long way to go but I am determined to get there.

My niece who is also on her own journey introduced me to Minimins and I am so glad. I love to read other peoples inspirational stories and their food diaries it gives me so much encouragement.

Day 1 of food dairy

Breakfast....chopped apple grapes and tangerine
cup of tea dash of milk HeA

Juice

Lunch........homemade tomato and roast pepper soup
Jacket potato with mackerel salad, salad cream 70% 1syn

juice

dinner ......Homemade chicken stew,lots of veggies, beetroot and hp sauce 1 syn small pastry scone 6.5 syns
Greek yogurt mullers .5 syn

supper.....2 toast wholemeal HeB

total 9 syns

would just like to say Good luck to everyone on their own special journey and I hope to call in daily with my food dairy, tips and recipes or just general chit chat will always be welcome:)

take care all Tracey
xx

Last edited:
Hi all
what a lovely sunny day it is here, but still cold.

Day 2 of food dairy

breakfast.... slice of melon, 2 boiled eggs 2 small brown toast HeB, Ex l marg 0.5 syns cup of tea dash of milk HeA

snack......Grapes and juice

lunch...SW spag bol made with (tomatoes ,passata, grated carrots, courgettes, and celery)onion, garlic, mushrooms and just a few other tweaks all free.
Greek style yoghurt 0.5 syns

snack .....banana or orange and juice

dinner... turkey steak flattened and covered with bbq shake and smash flakes spayed with fry light and baked in the oven with sw syn free chips and a big salad ( lettuce, cucumber , onion, peppers and carrot)salad cream 1 syn Greek yoghurt 0.5 syns juice

Rocket Lolly 2 syns

Total 4.5 syns

This is a typical day for me I struggle to use syns if what I am eating fills me up. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. ty

take care all
Tracey

Last edited:
Hi :) just subscribing to your diary.... my story is sort of similar. Well done on quitting smoking though - was the hardest thing i ever did until i started trying to battle my weight demons lol. We can do it and will get there though! How old are your children? I'm just starting at group tomorrow, have done sw before though and really enjoyed it x

wow - see what you mean about the independence then!!! my two are only 4 lol. Found a closer group tonight so am off to that instead x

Hi Tracey very well done on stopping smoking that must of been very hard. I have just looked on your weight loss chart and you are doing very well. I will be reading it daily too. Maybe you can share some of your recipes as you said you like to cook so i will be looking forward to them :) good luck with your weight loss. take care Louise x

Good morning fellow slimmers,

Woke up to another cold and sunny day in Manchester no rain or snow so all good. Been cleaning the house and washing clothes all morning I mean where does it all come from? The washing basket is empty when I go to bed and when I wake its like full. but lets continue

Day 3 of food diary

Breakfast .....bran flakes HeB chopped banana and strawberries, milk HeA cup of tea.

Lunch....... spaghetti bolognaise same as yesterday, left overs in the freezer didn't have time to think much on lunch.
Greek style yoghurt, juice

snack........ maybe a piece of fruit and juice

Dinner....... Fellow slimmers Peri's lamb curry, rice and salad, home made flat bread not sure of syn value no fat in it, had 3 small triangles will make as 7 syns like pitta bread.
fruit cocktail or Sf jelly if I get time to make them with Greek yoghurt 1.0 syns

supper 22g bar cadburys chocolate 6 syns so naughty
:D

so far total is14 syns

Think this may change before the end of the night will up date later ( revised lol). Ok must get the pasta on for my lunch.:D must say SW spag Bol with a few tweaks is one of my favourite lunches, usually cook a big batch and freeze in portions.

take care all
Tracey

Last edited:
HI Rkmriddell

I have been looking all over for your introduction or your food diary to see how you have been doing. Hope your weigh in went ok. lol not even sure this is the right place to contact you. my post are still low. any way hope every thing went ok. Tc Tracey

Ah thanks Hun was ok, wi at 13-7 which I'm pleasantly surprised at actually, was better than I expected especially as I had eaten? But downwards from here today is officially day one :) how's your day been food yesterday looked good! My diary is around somewhere called back to sw basics x

Hey Rkmriddell

I am glad your happy with your first weigh in :) Wi for me is Thursday night so fingers crossed. Upto now i think i have done okay i syn quite high usually on saturday night with Indian take away but then try and catch up for the rest of the week. As the weeks go on though i do find my thoughts are drifting to naughty naughty foods you know the ones that are way to high even to add in your daily syns:cry:lol . Also need to revise day 3 menu had a choccy bar 22g another 6 syns last night. Well off to have breakfast back soon to do day 4 food diary. Take care and let us know how things are progressing.
Tracey x

OK back again, got home made butternut squash soup on the stove, nothing flash just using up some old veggies waste not want an all that. Usually i have a couple of bowls of it then freeze it and add it to stews. Ok lets gert back on track day 4

Day 4 of food diary

Breakfast..... Branflakes Hex B with chopped banana and kiwi, milk Hex A don't u just hate using both your A & B choice in breakfast alone :(
cup of tea

snack ........juice

Lunch .....HM soup, jacket potato, tuna, salad( lettuce, onion,cucumber, pepper.carrot) salad cream 2 syns
snack .....juice will revise

snack.... juice and ice lolly 3 syns

Dinner....Sw chips, egg, beans , mushrooms and bacon... maybe tomatoes
Sf jelly with strawberries and a Greek yoghurt 1 syn

total so far 6 syns

have a good day all

take care
Tracey x

Last edited:
Hi Tracey, I seem to want to be doing the same as you. I really want to eat loads of food that are too high in syns but i keeping thinking THIN!. I always feel good eating and feeling like crap after and I find it hard to get back on track again. I had my second weigh in yesterday and i lost 1lb :) that now adds up to a 4lb weight loss. hope you enjoy your soup. take care Louise xx

OK back again, got home made butternut squash soup on the stove, nothing flash just using up some old veggies waste not want an all that. Usually i have a couple of bowls of it then freeze it and add it to stews. Ok lets gert back on track day 4

Day 4 of food diary

Breakfast..... Branflakes Hex B with chopped banana and kiwi, milk Hex A don't u just hate using both your A & B choice in breakfast alone :(
cup of tea

snack ........juice

Lunch .....HM soup, jacket potato, tuna, salad( lettuce, onion,cucumber, pepper.carrot)
snack .....juice will revise

snack.... juice

Dinner....Sw chips, egg, beans , mushrooms and bacon... maybe tomatoes
Sf jelly with strawberries and a Greek yoghurt 1 syn

have a good day all

take care
Tracey x

Dinner and soup both sound delicious!! What things are you craving that are so high syn? Is there a better alternative we can find? X

Hi Rkmriddell

Well, soup would of been lovely but i regret putting the chilli's in it was a bit to spicy but I have made a note for next time. Things I really miss are chips omg!!! I really want an actifry but the price is shocking, so I will keep to free chips for now and hopefully leave short cuts for Doh. Also pizza but my swc found a recipe making pizza using my bread from HeB as long as I fry light my veggies first, still not tried this one but will have a go at is soon, and i have just been looking at the syns in Easter Eggs wow so many I think I will stick to my 22g bar maybe have 2 instead :D

well gonna go see if i can find your diary, failing that i will watch Great British menu and drool :rolleyes:

ta ta for now
Take care
Tracey x

Hi Rkmriddell

Well, soup would of been lovely but i regret putting the chilli's in it was a bit to spicy but I have made a note for next time. Things I really miss are chips omg!!! I really want an actifry but the price is shocking, so I will keep to free chips for now and hopefully leave short cuts for Doh. Also pizza but my swc found a recipe making pizza using my bread from HeB as long as I fry light my veggies first, still not tried this one but will have a go at is soon, and i have just been looking at the syns in Easter Eggs wow so many I think I will stick to my 22g bar maybe have 2 instead :D

well gonna go see if i can find your diary, failing that i will watch Great British menu and drool :rolleyes:

ta ta for now
Take care
Tracey x

Do you have some yoghurt you could use to tame it a bit? Not sure if you have som elect?? Pizzas are meant to be good on the WW pitta as can use them from her too, I can't have cheese so try to avoid those! I know eggs are so high aren't they!! I think the freddo one was the lowest I seen at 22syns or smething similar, I'm going to try to avoid but have some dark choc batons in from hotel chocolat to turn to if it gets too much! Can have a whole tray of them (10 batons) for same as the freddo egg!! X

Good morning my fellow slimmers... the sun is shining the sky is blue what more can a girl ask for ... a bloody big £10 Easter egg :D Nah only joking but the thought makes me drool hahaha!

Hi Rkmriddell that's a great idea using ww pitta bread, definitely on the menus for next week. Just been doing last minute items on my shopping list for next week and Tesco are now out of stock of the leg of lambs I had ordered they were half price so i ordered 2 because i also had a £3 voucher off meat.:mad: so I would have got 2 legs for like £17 gutted.

Think i will go and bake some Chocolate cookies for after weigh in tonight to cheer myself up and a fruit cake for Doh....( creeping really for a meal out on Sunday seen as i have no lamb:) I will call later and do Day 5 of food dairy not sure what i am having today.

Have a great day

Tc Tracey x

Hi all

Cake almost done and I didn't bake cookies thought I'd best be good as I have spoke to Doh and we are going to order Indian take away On Sunday with lots of starters still cheaper than a meal out :) so going to try keep most syns for then, salivating already lol. Okay back to today.

Breakfast... 2 boiled eggs, 2 small toast HeB, ex light marg 0.5 syns, a pear and juice

snack
.........juice and an orange

Lunch ... Old faith ful spag bol, juice

dinner ....HM cottage pie, with onion, carrots and peas and mash potato, ex light marg maybe about 2 syn and milk HeA with cabbage and cauli, hp sauce 1 syn,
juice

supper..... small slice of hm fruit cake.... not sure of syn value let me check omg!!!! 4 syns for 25g
mine was about 100 grams lol so i guess 16 syns

So i gues about 19.5 syns for me... well it was the end of the week treat

OK i will dash off and raid the cupboards for lunch . Do you think the weight of what you eat effects your wi on the day? I mean do i have light weight crackers or jp and salad or spag bol. mmmm how the mind ponders.

back later to update, have a great day all

Tracey x

Last edited:
Food sounds lovely - i ate properly before wi, didn't want to be starving myself all day for wi going forward...

Indian sounds lush too!

I ovoid eating and have one of sw hi-fi bar and its the light ones at 3 syns each and they are really nice. good luck with wi tonight. I am sooooo jealous of the cottage pie you are having I would love that rite about now x make sure you let us know how you got on. tc Louise x

Back