OOOOOOPS

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Dancing, 2 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Didge just managed to fall/jump (don't know which) out of the second floor window!!!:eek:

Ever since someone (sorry can't remember who right now) posted on here about being careful with the upstairs windows, I have been. But tonight it was about 5mins after they both went on the window ledge that I thought to myself I think the window might be open a bit too wide from earlier in the day. And just as I thought that I heard Didge crying outside. My goodness I am so relieved he is completely ok!!! He is the more nimble of the two - wonder if Keto would have been so lucky.

I'm a bad mother :eek:. But he purred so much when I went to get him. Bless him

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. minilady

minilady Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Oh what a shock!!!

Glad he's ok:)

Tracey
    x

4. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Sorry Dancing, that was me who posted about the windows - I hope I didn't make you paranoid! Glad he's OK though - they usually are (well with the exception of mine who landed oddly on the chair beneath, even then he was just a bit bruised)

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

hee hee - not paranoid, just vigilent ... not vigilent enough though. Yes, I remember now that it was you who told me. Couldn't remember at the time.

I think it is good they have these experiences anyway although I wouldn't encourage them.

6. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I agree, they have to learn that they need to be wary. My boy is now very wary of heights but the girl thinks that she's invincible! Found her on the roof of our house not so long ago (we are in a three story too!) oh my heart was in my mouth I can tell you but thankfully she hopped through one of the windows safely!

7. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Glad Didge is ok - one of mine jumped out my bedroom window when one of our friends decided to bring his dog round to visit. Cat was a bit shaken but fine (probably more shaken by the dog!!)

When they are kittens they get into so many scrapes - you can only do so much to prevent them! They are just into everything aren't they?!

Two of mine have fallen into the toilet, Lenny got stuck in a bush in my neighbours garden, Charlie managed to wedge herself in the winerack, and Eddie got stuck inside a duvet cover all day - bless him. Got in from work and he usually came running to meet me, but this day he didn't I could hear a tiny little mewing noise and found him stuck in the bottom corner of the duvet. I've never done the buttons up on the duvet since.

You just have to do your best! Luckily they bounce well when they're little and have nine lives to play with.

Do you have any more piccies yet?

Carol x

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Carol you just had me in fits of laughter. Thanks for your post!! This will make me chuckle whenever I think about it.

No piccies yet - they aren't v. photogenic bless them .... too black

9. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    My first cat Eddie was black - tiny scrap of a thing when we got him, haven't got many pictures of him - poor little darling got run over before his first birthday. Keep my two in at night to try and keep them safe. My lovely OH gave me a framed picture of him as an 7-week old kitten at the top of the Christmas tree - his head was the same size as the baubles!!!! He was just into everything! We got him a collar and he managed to get his back leg stuck through it along with his jaw wedged open. Never tried any of them with a collar after that!! Just microchipped them!

Glad you're enjoying the new kittens

Carol x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.