Ooops!

Discussion in 'Harcombe Diet' started by motherof2, 22 November 2010 Social URL.

1. motherof2

motherof2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.46%)
    I have followed the Harcombe plan 100% for 3 weeks until yesterday. A friend I hadn’t seen in ages popped over on Friday with some home baked cookies. I was so good; I didn’t eat any of them, until yesterday that is!!! I ate about 5 of them then I went on to eat quarter of a tin of quality street! I didn’t even really taste it, more inhaled it!!!

I have been struggling with cravings for sugar the last week. It may be due to dairy? I have been enjoying milk on my puffed rice in the mornings and cheese with most other meals I eat throughout the day (in salads, sprinkled on chillie and soups) I am now thinking I need to cut it out for a while. Also I weigh myself weekly on a Saturday and after having good losses the first 2 weeks I lost just 1lb last week. I know it is still a loss, but something is telling me I have introduced a food that is slowing down the weight loss.

I now have to battle my sugar cravings AGAIN!! In a house full of Christmas chocolates bought for other people. I really wished I had a really bad headache or another bad reaction to me straying from the eating plan, but apart from putting on the 1lb I lost last week I was fine.

I just need to get through the rest of today without straying!
    :break_diet:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Aww that sucks and I feel your pain as I'm still missing sweet things although I wouldn't say I'm craving them, but would just like something sweet now & again.

Just put it down to experience and get back on track, it may be worth going back to phase 1 for a few days and then introducing new foods a week at a time, that way you get a better idea if something is causing you problems.

The diet can be a bit tricky like that working out what is & isn't ok for your body, but worth it once you do :)

4. motherof2

motherof2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.46%)
    Thanks for your encouragement. I have since eaten a packet of biscuits and am feeling now quite miserable. Sick actually! I am going to make myself some vegetable soup for my tea and hopefully start afresh tomorrow.

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Consider it to be a cheat day-allowed now and then-draw a line under it and start again tomorrow. Repeat phase 1 if you think it will help refocus you. This time of year is always difficult and none of us are perfect.

You can do this !!

6. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    totally agree - even though this diet has lots of lovely food, it's still hard, you're still cutting things out from the diet, and one of the hardest things I think is that you can't always eat what everyone else is eating.

It was a blip, we all have them, dust yourself off & get back on the wagon :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.