• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Oopsie Rolls- Cream of tartar

S: 146.1kg C: 141.1kg G: 69.9kg BMI: 47.3 Loss: 5kg(3.42%)
its a powder, its normally by the bicarbonate of soda

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
My grandmother always used Bicarb when cooking cabbage. and boiled it to death. LOL.

Zimara

Yummy mummy to be!
S: 12st3lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 1st2lb(9.36%)
Whats the theroy behind putting bicarb in cabbage??

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
I have no idea Zim, It's probably out there on google somewhere. :)

NewDawn

Bring on the trumpets
S: 15st10lb C: 14st6lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 31.6 Loss: 1st4lb(8.18%)
My grandmother always used Bicarb when cooking cabbage. and boiled it to death. LOL.
Apparently they put it in everything!!!.......In my youth I did a bit cooking.....I was doing some cooking in a 'gentlemens club' (it's not what you think....LOL)...and the cook I was taking over from said that I needed to put BOS in to keep the veg 'colourful'....I surmised it was an old wives' tale....as I wasn't taught that at catering college!!!

Back to your question about the Cream of Tartar.... it's used to stabilise and add volume to beaten egg whites. I assume (because I've not made the oopsie rolls yet) that they are made from beaten egg whites???

As said previously, it's found in the baking section near the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, flours, etc.

Again, I am wondering why I am the size I am...maybe something to do with being so familiar with the baking aisle!!! LoL