Operation Moobs-be-gone is in force

moobman

Ok so here we are, gorund zero, day one of the 'eat less move more' diet has begun. theres loads of reasons why I want to lose weight and even more that I have come up wih to put it off, but it boild down to this - next year im going on holiday and I dont want to embarras my wife or daughter when it comes to me taking my shirt off (apart from the chewbacca style hair).trying the Paul MacKenna mind programming thingy and will see how that goes on, coupled with some 15 minute daily work out programmes so fingers crossed all goes well.

Well done on starting, i am really in the zone now and nothing will stop me. I like you have a child and I keep thinking i want to be around to see her grow up.

An ex colleague of mine recently died at 34 of a heart attack and it had truely been my wake up call.

Wishing you all the best xx

one day down. I know its silly to update this daily but its probably the only way I can keep on track, plus the ramblings will be something to look back on and laugh. No fitness tonight, ive got the house to clean (moving house and have to get it to inspection standard, darn military) so hopefully that may shed a few calories. plus if I write down/type I have to do something, im more inclined to do it, as I may be letting someone down.wonder how many calories you burn from housework? hmm....

It's a good thing to write it daily I find it helps keep people on track. Cleaning vigorously for 30 minutes burns 222 calories according to MFP. Good luck on your journey

ok so starting this diet has kind of hit a 'willpower on' switch in me. I sat down (or stood rather) to get my ironing done for work. I normally Iron one a day but I did 2 weeks worth of work shirts, if nothing else an hour and a quarter of ironing should have burned some calories.

moobman said:
ok so starting this diet has kind of hit a 'willpower on' switch in me. I sat down (or stood rather) to get my ironing done for work. I normally Iron one a day but I did 2 weeks worth of work shirts, if nothing else an hour and a quarter of ironing should have burned some calories.

Wow how many shirts do you own lol??

I have very little clothes i'm quite jealous :p

Ok first weekend is behind me and that is the killer. in the working week I have a very regimented routine which doesnt leave a lot of time for considering life, the universe and everything, but weekends? they are the boredom killer, and it seems boredom is a reason why I eat. I cought myself a few times on saturday afternoon just sitting in my room, reaching for the biscuits, for no other reason than I didnt know what to do with myself. So I did some gardening, went for a walk, heck, even watched a dvd or 2, as life on a military base over a weekend is pretty boring. But either way I think I stayed on track and heres hoping wednesdays first weigh in proves it.

You are doing really well. Do you get scran on base? If so, there are always healthy options, sometimes the hardest bit is avoiding the always present chips!
I think you are off to a great start, key is to update everyday, keeps the support network intact! Here if you need me!
And buck up!

scran? theres someone who knows the terminology :) yes I 'rocked on down to the cookhouse' and had the healthier options, plus with this paul MaKenna stopping when your full malarcky means even if I do eat the rubbish stuff, I can still only manage about a third of a plate

Ok so I realise its only end of the first week but im really proud of myself, ive lost 6 lbs

thanks guys, lets just hope I can keep it up. the hardest thing is I have a week off work coming up soon and trying to keep the diet going

well done moobman!!

ok end of week 2 and not quite as much of a jump as the first week, but lost 2lbs this week, bringing me down to 13st 6lbs. its still not great but its in the right direction

ok I havent been on for a few weeks because I have been on leave (holiday in civvy speak) down to 13.3

thats 11 lbs in 5 weeks, I dont now if that is good or not as some people loose loads, plus im not really on any 'set' diet, but im happy so far. hey you never know, I might get down to a B cup

Back