Operation wedding dress and honeymoon bikini

Nixy

Hello!!
i am brand new to Dukan and I started today. I rejoined slimming world 4 weeks ago and only lost 4lb so started to look for something else ( I'm not a massive fan of meetings) I lost 2 stone before on low carb but put it all back on because I had no idea what to do when I got to target, a bad day became a bad week and so on and on.
i got engaged last August thinking I had loads of time to lose it, now here I am with 5 months and 1 week to go and I'm freaking out a little. I have had a good read of the book and these pages and think I can do well.
I want to lose just over 2 stone which the Dukan website says I can do by opmid October so with taking into account any slip ups I should be fine.
LIKE am on day one of attack and I looks like this,

Breakfast

2x boiled eggs
smoked salmon

Lunch

Made the galette and topped with tuna

Snack

4x crab sticks

Dinner

Have bought lean mince, prawns and steak so will have a mixed grill of sorts.
can I add a marinade of ginger, chili and lemon juice?

Another question is Morrison fat free frontage frais ok, it's 0.2g of fat per 100g?

My hurdles will be my boyfriend who wants me to be skinny but eat what he eats and my social life.. BT this is important now. I'm pretty sure I can give it 100% for 5 weeks until a friends wedding

Hi Nixy,

Welcome to this fabulous site and to Dukan!

I am in my third week and have lost 9 pounds so far so am pretty pleased with that, have had a slip up or two! (wine is my demon)!

Look forward to seeing how you get on. Have to say, that even though i mainly 'lurk' on here i have found this site brilliant for tips, inspiration and recipes!

Good luck!

Thanks looby
for dinner I had prawns with ginger and a splash of lemon juice, steak on a skewer with a balsamic sause from the book. I also had homemade meatballs. When I checked the book it said lean mince which is what I got but I think I should have got extra lean, my mince was 11.5g of fat per 100g...

Also had fat free fromage frais and lots of water during the day

Hey Nixy and welcome! And congrats on the engagement! You're definitely in a fine place to get some support as you work towards your wedding day.

Your meal plans look great - I wouldn't worry too much about the mince, just hunt out extra lean next time. Be warned that a lot of folk (me very much included) felt absolutely dreadful on day 2 of Dukan. It really does pass though and then you start feeling amazing! Keep drinking a ton of water if it happens.

And hello to you too Looby! Nothing wrong with a bit of lurking, just say hi when you feel like it!!

Jx

It's odd getting used to a new plan when your so used to another. I know slimming world like the back of my hand yet I was struggling to lose... Well I was eating a load of fruit, like a LOT, even though it is good for you the amount of natural sugar may have been the issue. That is one thing I will miss for now is snacking on fruit.
but apart from that dukan isn't dissimilar to slimming world red days and I have successfully lost on a low carb diet before.
So halfway through day 2 and the boyfriend hasnt even noticed I changed diet, he commented on my dinner last night to say it smelt lovely ( he had eaten his body weight in cheese so didn't have dinner with me).
This morning I had my galette with a dry fried egg and smoked salmon, it was lovely and sort of like eggs benedict ( if I closed my eyes tight enough )

We are packing up to move at the moment so I need to be extra prepared, boyfriend mentioned takeaway on moving day so I'll have to ge something in to prepare, or worst comes to worse eat the fish out the batter as it will most likely be fish and chips

X

Hi :) well done, I also did sw for a few yrs off and on, but this is the first time I have had constant losses and NOT been constantly thinking of food! You become fuller for longer and food becomes a fuel, keep interesting menus, definitely try new things, and flavour,at first u may think about what when to eat but after a few week u will know it as much as you did sw. Good luck :D

A little confused about ham. The book says no pork but then includes ham in the list of foods allowed. I have also researched it on here and here are there are very mixed reviews. For lunch I had about 6 slices of plain wafer thin ham which I used to wrap around quark...

Finished today with a roast chicken and balsamic sauce from the book. Felt a bit odd today, tired and a bit irritable. Boyfriend tried to make me eat corn on the cob but ended up eating 2 himself :)
Last day of attack tomorrow but working now so will see how that goes. Is the 1st day of cruise always pv or can it be pp?

welcome nixy and you chose pp or pv after attack most chose pv because of missing veg. But if I were you I'd leave pre packed ham well alone as the salt content could stall your weight loss, use only in an emergency good luck and prepare in advance it helps x

Welcome to the world of Dukan lol. Congratulations on your engagement, there are a few people who have wedding planned over the next year. Your menu looks good, keep up the good work!! CX

Well done and keep going. The tiredness will pass, I felt really I'll the 2nd day of attack but I think it's your body getting used to the lack of carbs.

Have you found your dress yet?

Yes, I got very excited back in September Just after we got engaged and got one, love it!! Its got a train but the skirt isn't big. Tried on loads and because I'm not that tall the big skirts just didn't look right. It's champagne color with lace... Cannot wait!! What's yours like? It's not just the wedding day i really want to be comfortable for e honeymoon, going to Thailand and do not want to be getting sore thighs where I'm hit and they rub. When I lost weight before I went away and felt fab so need to have that feeling back again. I also would like to have a baby soon and I have issues and being a good weight helps with the symptoms.
Weighed myself this morning and have lost 4lb on 2 days, I have 1 more day on attack so another 1lb would be great. I'm going to have my first cruise day as pp as want 2 Pv days at the weekend

Your dress sounds lovely, lace is all the rage at the moment! My dress is the Alfred Angelo 2299 dress...its got loads of ruffles and I cant wait!

And well done on your massive loss, that is fantastic...one more step towards baby time!

Your dress sounds lovely, lace is all the rage at the moment! My dress is the Alfred Angelo 2299 dress...its got loads of ruffles and I cant wait!

And well done on your massive loss, that is fantastic...one more step towards baby time!

Your dress is too cute ;)

I can't wait until I'm one day engaged and planning my outfit :)

Nixy you are doing great :D

oooo love the dress!! have you got the bow/flower as well?
Today I have a headache :(

So for lunch I had roast chicken from last night and sugar free jelly, dinner was a load of fish and more jelly. Had a snack of crab stick, more jelly and fromage frais, need to back away from the jelly as according to the packet I had 4 servings and I think the maximum is 3.

Last official day of attack today, would be made up with 1 more 1lb, first day of cruise will be pp so I can have extra pv at weekend.

I'm tired tooooooooo :(

Thanks I love my dress, I have the flower in ivory. If you have a pic of yours would love to see!

I hope you feel better in the morning, it takes a whole for our bodies to get used to less carbs I expect..give yourself a pat on the back for getting through the attack, I thought it was horrid!

Woo 3 days of attack and lost 5lb, another 2lb would be nice before my next weigh in on Friday. Thinking about it it's not been so bad. Not really been hungry and my headaches gone!
Start cruise today but doing at pp day so I can have both saturdayand sunday as pv

Nixy what a great start there's nothing like a wedding to get you motivated and keep you on track. Have fun planning!!
and Ophelia Leanne I ADORE your dress, it looks fabulous xxx

Ok so yesterday went not quite to plan. Moved house yesterday, stuck to plan solidly till 10pm and we hadn't had any dinner ( I had a pack of roast beef and a total 0% yogurt at the ready) and my father in law to be appeared with a Chinese takeaway!!eeakk....

I had stir fried veg ( it had sauce on???) a little crispy chilli beef, chicken in black bean, a chicken satay and about a tablespoon portion of duck ( no pancakes or sauce)
I know I had a small portion as I'm starving this morning.

Weighed myself and I have stayed the same. Now I had wonderful dreams of roasted veg tonight but I suppose this means I should have a pp day. I'm trying to your it out so I can have a pv day sat and sun

Back