Opinions on an outfit please...

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi all,

I'm going to a wedding on 31st march and I've bought this dress:

Clothing at Tesco | F&F Fern print shift dress > dresses > All Dresses > women

Do you think that would be suitable or is it a bit too casual? It's not a particularly lavish affair...she's getting married in a small church and having her reception in her local pub, so I'm hoping it will be ok.

Also...it's navy, arghhh! This is probably a horrendous fashion faux pas, but can I wear black shoes with it?

xx

Ithink it will look really nice on you and navy goes nicely with blonde hair. Thumbs up from me !!!

I would wear a nude colour shoe, there are loads of them around at the minute. I am one of those navy does not go with black people!

I would wear a nude colour shoe, there are loads of them around at the minute. I am one of those navy does not go with black people!

I agree, its a lovely dress but i dont think black shoes would go, id go for nude as well

Dress is lovely - but if you are having to buy new shoes to go with it - there are LOTS of blue shoes out & about which are gorgeous and would enhance your outfit x

I agree with the others, dress is lovely but would look much better with matching shoes

I really like the dress & don't think it'll look too casual at all.

Match/co-ord with whatever you're planning on wearing over your arms/shoulders? March/April isn't renouned for blazing sunshine so I'm assuming you're going to take something with you.

My feet are size 8...I've been trawling the internet trying to find either some navy or nude court shoes. I can't wear really high heels so trying to find suitable ones is a bit of a nightmare! Also not sure on what colour shrug to wear. I have a white one which doesn't look too bad with it, so I may go with that one :)

I really like it, and I think you will look lovely in it. Someone mentioned pink, which was what I was gonna say too! Actually, I think any colour would go with navy, it's almost black and I think that with anything black too!!

Have you tried VivaLaDiva.com ? They do bigger size shoes and widths in all the trendy styles, and at pretty good prices too.

Lovely dress! Elegant and classy. I would never guess it didn't come from some posh frock shop lol
Shoes, shoes, shoes.... nude shoes, or a strappy white sandal if you're planning on wearing a white shawl/wrap.
Or you could go for blue/silver... silver is actually really lovely with shades of blue.

Love the dress. I want one! :p

You'll look fab! I'm going to have to agree with the nude shoes though and you could get an ivory or soft cream pashmina to use as a stole. :)

I like the dress and think it would be just fine, but would wear red shoes and accessories. I love red and navy.

I bought a pair of navy shoes today in good old marks and sparks, but they're the wrong shade of navy! I guess it's my own silly fault for not taking the dress with me! :( these are the ones I bought...they're nowhere near as dark as they appear in the picture:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Almo...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=215485807&pf_rd_s=center-3

Sorry to be a pain, but do you think the shoes below would go? In mink rather than black :)

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Round-High-Heel-Platform-Shoes/dp/B0057BJIFU?rrClickthru=Browse

Jaylou...I love the sound of wearing red shoes, I've got several different pairs in different shades! I don't know whether the cream/nude pattern would go with them though!

This is so hard...I don't know why I don't wear the dress I wore to the last wedding I went to, lol!

Back