• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Orange, Green and Purple cauliflower

has anyone tried it?

I spotted the variations when doing some grocery shopping yesterday and I have to say the colours do put me off, is almost as if they have been artificially coloured lol so of course my brain is telling me unhealthy, Which I am quite sure is not the case.

and according to this:
The orange, purple and green cauliflowers that scientists claim could be healthier for you | Mail Online

they are healthier for you. Would definately make your plate more colourful.
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Well, green cauliflowers are not exactly new - I have had the Romanesco variety before.

Cauliflower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - this Wikipedia page has a reference to an article dated 1988 referring to an orange variety, and one from 2005 about a purple variety, so obviously they have been around for a while, but are new to the supermarkets.

I think they look great. Fabulous colours, and according to the article they keep their colour when they are cooked, which some odd-coloured vegetables don't (the romanesco gets a lot paler when it is cooked).

One of the great things about Wikipedia is the way it gives you references to things which lead you off into other subjects. A dreadful time-waster, but fascinating too. This is an article, linked from the cauliflower page, about the romanesco and its amazing shape:
Fractal Food

When I used to get an organic veggie box delivered weekly I had the purple cauliflower, tastes good but doesn't stay quite so brghtly purple for long, kinda colour runs as it is cooked :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss Diaries 27
Exante - Total Solution 100% 6
Exante 0
Syn Values 1
Syn Values 2