Journey of Dietscovery!!

Hi all, not been on for the last week, had a 3 lbs gain last week, was pretty shocked, annoyed, angry all those negative vibes! Was not a great week and could pinpoint a few things that added to the gain, but seriously 3 lbs, took me 3 months to gain 10 lbs!! Anyway, that was last week, and probably needed a shake up, was pretty down at start of this week and it did not get any better as the week progressed, (too many things to mention) but needless to say I was an emotional wreck by Friday, in a way it helped me to gather some strength and sheer stubbornness. Weighed in today and lost the 3 lbs I had gained.

Starting afresh this week and am aiming for 2 lbs loss, got a little bit of that motivation back and am hoping for a good week, sometimes I need a good kick up the proverbial!!

Afternoon all! Fully back on plan, Already have had a 2 mile walk and nice healthy breakfast this morning. Making a low fat lasagne for later, never made one before as kinda took an aversion to mince that last few years. A lot of members of my SW group are all posting pictures of lasagne/salad/chips and it always looks gorgeous, I really hope it's nice as it is all I have planned for dinner.

Plan for this week is to up the body magic, (have been increasing it a bit the last few weeks with walking mainly). Going to up the exercise at home, trying to collate a few exercise programs I can do. Also, have been seeking out new recipes, I think I do get a bit fed up with eating the same things over and over and feel like I'm missing out. It can be expensive to buy all the ingredients and I am not working at moment and on a tight budget and that is why I have the same "go to's" every week.

Fully motivated at this point, I hope it will continue for the rest of the week, that is my issue I am not consistent and it is my thoughts I have to deal with and that has always been my battle. Sending positive vibes out to the universe.

Well after all the effort and anticipation my lasagne turned out to be absolutely horrible. This is 2nd time in my life I have made lasagne and both times I had a disaster!! Maybe I should just stick to what I know. The aversion to mince steak is back, particularly the low fat one, always has an after taste and a oily/greasy taste. I have tried it from a few different shops, perhaps it just is not for me.

Another day fully on plan. Have been very sluggish all day, did not sleep very well last night was too exhausted to do anything today, it was cold and wet and felt like mid winter so that gave me the perfect opportunity to stay in. Running out of food again, all I seem to do is buy food, funds are low right now but will have to go out tomorrow and replenish and plan a few meals to take me over the weekend. I always struggle at weekends so if I do a menu plan and have the food in I will be less likely to go off plan.

Determined to get that half stone award this week, it will be my 5th WI and just on a pure financial basis it has not been cost effective being on this plan. But I have had lots of healthy food too and already feel a lot more energetic (well apart from today)! and feel a bit more sense of determination.

Here is to another fresh day tomorrow!!

MistyA! How are you doing this weekend?

Just back from a bit of a walk. Planning meals for the next few days. I am determined to get that 2 lb off to get my 1/2 stone award, doing a few days of EE SP, I think incorporating this a few days here and there helps me. I am a carb addict and not having them for a few days really helps my energy levels, less bloating and less sluggishness. Even though I have gone off here and there in recent weeks, I have worked very hard as well, and changed my routine, am more active and eating my 5/7 portions per day when fully on plan. Unfortunately when you are on a plan any slip can really make a difference on the scales.

I am trying my best not to think of numbers but trying to focus on my NSV's, it is the only way I can stay motivated and not allow myself to get upset if I do not reach the numbers each week.

Morning all, had a very active day yesterday in the end, but seriously felt like a day that would never end, had done shopping, made breakfast, made lunch, went for a walk, did pile of chores, had a rest and it was still only 4.30 pm. I am always glad to get weekend over (never thought in younger years I would ever say that)! always so long for me which is why I always struggle. Have a bit more of a routine throughout the week.

Created a playlist of home exercises so am going to try some of those this week and sift out the one that don't work for me.

Meals planned for the day, hoping to get out for a walk and start tackling chores and admin that has been piling up over the last year. Have done a To Do list, the NSV's are important too.

Had my walk, had a doctors appt (not been for a long time), my anxiety and fear stopping me. Did not want to eat beforehand and when was out could have been so tempted to buy a fatty sausage roll, resisted, thank goodness. Only now, just preparing lunch, which means dinner will be late tonight, but it will be fish and vegetables so will be healthy and on plan.

I have a long list of things that I have avoided for many weeks, months and even years so am taking this opportunity to slowly tick them off, that is an achievement for me, just to even contemplate them, let alone achieve them.

This last year I have been the loneliness I have ever been (just to say that out loud)!!! I am not sure I can survive any more time in that head space, others around me have made me feel isolated and have not been supportive, it all came to a head a few weeks ago, which is why I had my 3 lbs gain. It was all a blessing in disguise, because now and for the foreseeable future I am concentrating on me, I am not allowing any one to make me feel like I am not worthy, I have decided I do not need them right now to give my life purpose, to validate or define me. It was tough coming to that decision but I have to learn to appreciate me, to love me and to put myself first.

Anyway, just felt the need to verbalise all that, this is better than a journal!!

My old self is coming back and the essence of me is emerging again!!

It's wonderful that you are starting to reemerge - great decision. I can imagine you'll reread yesterday's post whenever you need more strength. And well done for not having that sausage roll. Thank you for sharing, Misty.

It's wonderful that you are starting to reemerge - great decision. I can imagine you'll reread yesterday's post whenever you need more strength. And well done for not having that sausage roll. Thank you for sharing, Misty.
Thank you, this is sometimes almost therapy for me. I internalise a lot, I can live in my head too much especially because I live alone. I imagine for most of us it is the head that needs the work for the body to follow suit. Hope you are well and doing ok??

Woke up very sluggish, could not sleep at all. Having pile of tea to wake me up. WI today, I really hope I can reach my first goal today. Classes are starting again from next week, which is a nice development.

Was trying on some of my clothes last night that used to fit me last time (that was depressing) but rather than dwell on that, have organised them a little bit, those than I can wear now (my fat clothes), some that should fit me or fit better in a few weeks and those that have no hope of getting into for quite or perhaps not at all. Have left a few pair of jeans aside which fitted me perfectly about 1 and half ago, they are going to be my motivation, my Everest, I will get into them again!!

Had my WI yesterday, was quite excited as had a great week, did 3 days of EE SP (no carbs, less syns etc), upped my body magic with a couple of walks, was just more active in general, less sitting. Lost 0.5 lbs. I could not believe it was genuinely thinking I would lose at least 2 lbs if not more. This was my best week yet, was shocked, and quite upset. Have tried to look back at week and think, did I mistakenly go off plan without realising it? Did I actually eat enough? Do I need those carb days? I have no idea. I thought hard worked paid off but in this case it did not, just felt very deflated last night. I so needed a boost to motivate me and to keep me going.

My perspective today is I am going to go full throttle this week to try again to get that first 1/2 stone off (1.5 lbs). Will write everything down, will do a few walks and perhaps and a few home exercise classes. Try to keep my attitude positive and upbeat and see what next WI brings, then I will review again next week and either try a different plan or stick with it and put this week down to an unexplained blip.

Do not get me wrong I would be delighted with a 0.5 lb loss after a bad week or further on in the journey, I saw my friend at start of May and we are planning a night out in Mid June and wanted to be able to say "I have lost of stone since I saw you last"!!

Just tried my first home workout, managed 20 mins it was really hard (for me)! Have collated a few and thought I would try the first one, gonna try and master it and move on the next ones when I build up my fitness first. This particular one is all standing which I liked to start me off. gonna try it again tomorrow and try and finish it. Need to invest in an exercise mat and perhaps a couple of low intensity weights. Aim is to stay fully on plan this week, I really need to see that my hard work is making a difference.

I know it is important to feel good, and to feel positive but weight loss can also add to this and really need to see those numbers coming down.

Good afternoon all. Still fully on plan. Drunk that much liquid yesterday, was up most of the night going to bathroom. Very tired today, my plan was to walk to town and stock up on a few things, but at this point could not be bothered. Will decide later on, have enough healthy food in to do me for the rest of the day. The weekend is looming over me again, so actually I might leave shopping until tomorrow now as will break it up a bit.

I really am throwing everything at this plan, but most importantly I am changing my perspective and outlook and being more proactive in general, that for me is a win.

Morning all!! Still fully on plan. Probably should not have done this, but weighed myself at home first thing this morning and I am about 6 lbs lighter than at my last WI. The scales I have are brand new, I bought them in January (as was going to do SW from home) and they are top of the range. But I imagine that SW and my scales will weigh differently but at this point not sure by how much. My last WI was Tuesday so I may well have lost a bit since then. Recorded my weight this morning and will weigh again right before next SW WI for a comparison of difference.

My plan for today is walk into town (2 miles) to do a bit of shopping, if I feel up to it will do a home work out, perhaps batch cook a few meals.

Weekends are always challenging for me so I am trying my best to incorporate what I can into the next few days.

Back