Journey of Dietscovery!!

I was just about to ask if u could post ur food diary. Those on sw might be able to help. I can't get on with sw or ww and just do plain old calorie counting. Calories in vs calories out using my fitness pal and a fitbit and so far working well :)

I was just about to ask if u could post ur food diary. Those on sw might be able to help. I can't get on with sw or ww and just do plain old calorie counting. Calories in vs calories out using my fitness pal and a fitbit and so far working well :)
Was thinking of calorie counting, but thought it might be a bit complicated to work out, SW is a kind of calorie counting, ie, the more calories the more syns, been sitting the last few days thinking am I eating enough or too much, am I eating the right things, I eat at random times and thought am I eating too late in evening, my mind is flying around at the moment. I am going to give my all this week and will review again at next WI. Where do you get the My Fitness Pal? is that an app I can download?

The last few days have been pretty good, had lots of good healthy low cal food, download a walking and calorie used app, had a 2 mile walk yesterday, bought lots of sweets for the trick and treaters and was not even tempted to eat one of them! Giving my all this week to this plan in a last ditch attempt at a decent loss, I will review my progress at next WI and will either decide to stay with it or chose a different route. Am determined to shift this weight but on a plan that suits.
Trying to increase my level of movement each day, my choices today are walking into my local city centre (2 miles) and/or get stuck into all the chores I have neglected over last few weeks or both!

Was thinking of calorie counting, but thought it might be a bit complicated to work out, SW is a kind of calorie counting, ie, the more calories the more syns, been sitting the last few days thinking am I eating enough or too much, am I eating the right things, I eat at random times and thought am I eating too late in evening, my mind is flying around at the moment. I am going to give my all this week and will review again at next WI. Where do you get the My Fitness Pal? is that an app I can download?

Yes it's an app that u download. You tell it ur height and weight and how active u are and then how much weight you would like to loose in a week and it tells u how many calories u should eat per day. It has a massive database of food and a barcode function so you can scan things. I love love love it. I've added a screen shot so you can see what it does.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181101-171217_MyFitnessPal.jpg
    Screenshot_20181101-171217_MyFitnessPal.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 10
Yes it's an app that u download. You tell it ur height and weight and how active u are and then how much weight you would like to loose in a week and it tells u how many calories u should eat per day. It has a massive database of food and a barcode function so you can scan things. I love love love it. I've added a screen shot so you can see what it does.
I downloaded it yesterday but it is very complicated at this point to use, I need to have a further look at it, I was not sure of the calories I had already used and as I had eaten home made soup etc found it difficult to find a perfect match and had not weighed or worked out how to put into all the individual products. Was really only testing it yesterday and will now take a note of all the individual ingredients so my intake is fairly represented, I will get used to it. Thank you for the link and response, I hope you are having a good week and ploughing through!!! :):):):)

Going to walk into town now, trying to increase my activity level, need to replenish my fridge and store cupboard, just thinking what new or different meals can I make that do not require lots of expensive ingredients, spend more on food now than I have ever done as we all know anything that is good for us is always over priced. Might buy a variety of different fish, not had fish in a while and can have it in a variety of ways. Want to buy a few low cal treats as well. I am usually out at weekend where wine is consumed but this weekend going to substitute with good healthier alternatives. Having a "feeling fat and bloated day" so need to blow the cobwebs off too!!!

Good afternoon all, had quite a good day yesterday but did snack a bit late last night, I had one of those moments which I would have in the past but would go to shop and buy a pile of crisps and chocolate and shovel them in, so at least bingeing last night I managed to stay within the plan, a thought suddenly occurred to me, if I eat after 12 midnight do I need to count that in as the next day food allowance? Or is it counted over a 24 hour period, i.e, did not have a breakfast until lunch time yesterday, lunch was late in the afternoon and dinner was around 9pm, this is my usual pattern as my work means I am up later in the morning and bed is later too, only just thought about this as am reviewing all that I am doing and trying to change things up if necessary. While I am writing this I have not eaten so far today, I always feel so bloated in the mornings and just never hungry, but throughout a 24 hour period I will have breakfast/lunch/dinner and snacks but just not at set times.

This is one of the first weekends I have decided to do nothing, usually am at family's or will have a social event on, but made the conscious decision to stay in a safe place where I can have control over what I eat and drink. No sneaky glasses of wine or be beholding to what others are cooking. My legs are a bit sore and stiff today after my walk yesterday so have planned today in order to keep up with my Activity App I am going to do a lot of household chores to keep activity up, might have to pop to the shop later, it is not that far but if I feel up to it will walk the longer route as fast as my legs will allow to secure a few more steps.

Have a great weekend everyone and speak to you all soon xx

Not a bad day yesterday, had a brisk walk and ate quite well, had a bit of a crampy stomach all day and it is a bit the same today, I do have IBS and it can flair up from time to time generally the last few weeks it has been good, I think my body is not used to the huge amount of vegetables it is getting!!! My brother phoned me from abroad last night and was on the phone for hours so I was quite late getting to bed, this morning I feel pretty tired and a bit sluggish. Having my caffeine hit and will see how I feel as the day goes on. Going to try and get some steps in and prepare a few meals. I have run out of salad AGAIN, feel like I am always running out of it (which is good I suppose).
Whilst speaking to my brother last night he was telling me he reduced the amount of carbs in his diet (not sure why he is one of those people that can eat and eat and never put on weight), in the last few months he has lost 3 stone and now is underweight, he proceeded to tell what I was doing wrong and should not be following a plan blah, blah, blah. He has a really fast metabolism and has never been overweight, interesting how all our bodies our different, men are so lucky in so many ways, they do not have the water retention us women have, the hormone cycles, in an endearing way he was annoying me lol. So ended up having a conversation about what he needs to do to put some weight on, if only I was in that position ;););)
Have 2 more WI now until my big event, still am and still feel fat, have to just embrace it and know that the effort and change in diet I have made in the last few months is something I should be proud off even though the outcome as yet has not been that successful.

Been up most of the night with stomach cramps and still have them now, ate so much yesterday, nothing seemed to fill me, felt totally unsatisfied, it was just one of those days, I am so close to my WI day and have worked the hardest ever this week so do not want to ruin it, did not do any exercise yesterday either, had a lazy Sunday and made it such a long day so I realised another trigger that just being at home the whole day I get a bit of cabin fever and probably that is why I felt the need to eat, although I did feel hungry.

So today am I going for a long walk, need to buy some food AGAIN, I am so nervous about my WI tomorrow as it is the last ditch attempt to get a decent loss, as gained last time. Have spent all week reviewing what I am doing and identifying my triggers and have added a little bit more exercise this week, have drunk more water, I changed my menu a bit and have had less bread and less syns on some days, I have reduced my portions particularly at dinner as I eat quite later, last few days I have tried to eat dinner a bit earlier too, so all positive changes. There are a few other things might need to look at but will reassess after my WI tomorrow.

Have a great day all!!!

WI today lost 3.5 lbs had a gain last week so just recouping a bit of that. Worked so hard for that, a total of 13 lbs now, still can't reach that elusive stone, one more WI to reach it before my event. When I set my goal 10 weeks ago I thought I will be easy on myself a stone will be so achievable in that period, and actually thought in my naivety would lose close to 1 and half stone!!! (Oh the silliness of my mind) :) Don't want to become complacent this week and will endeavour to replicate what I have done this week, but not sure what might come up this week, but one thing for sure I am going to continue to walk a little further and a little faster!!

So my next few goals are to get 1 stone off (1 lb)
Get into the 12s (2 lbs) if I could achieve these this week I would be over the moon. Have one more WI until The Little Black dress (or big) comes out, the title of this diary will become obsolete and will move all my ramblings to my food diary I think. It is a horrible day outside has been raining here consistently for the last 24 hours, do not feel like going walking today but will see how the days goes, I will perhaps go out at some point.

So had a good and slightly bad day today in terms of the plan. Walked into town earlier (2 miles, fast and furious) and bumped into a friend had not seen in years, went for a drink, more than a few wines later we had a lovely catch up. Was so tempted to have a big juicy burger but controlled myself. And get this, WALKED home to try and burn off the wine. Just had a lovely healthy stir fry!! This is how much my lifestyle has changed there would be no way I would not have had that burger, walked home and then have a healthy meal! I DO NOT recognise myself anymore, long may it last, my knee and body are in pain with all the ferocity of the walking, but beats getting home and feeling like s**t!!

Just had a gorgeous sandwich for lunch/breakfast, gammon with cream cheese and pile of salad. Was out yesterday and had a pile of wine, normally next day I just want a lot of fatty rubbish, so the sandwich has done the job. Want to laze around today, slightly hungover and very tired, but will stay on plan and have a longer walk tomorrow. Hoping at next WI the wine won't have done too much damage as have been good all week and will stay on plan for the rest of week. Ideally a 2 lb loss this week would be brilliant as not only will I have lost my first stone but it will also take me below the next stone. Here's to a great weekend for all!!!

Well finally got my first stone off, delighted, have my event in a few days will need to change my diary title soon, felt like it took forever, will probably put it all again by next week because I am going to this event and I am eating and drinking whatever I feel like!! Already broken it earlier as went to my nieces house to finalise details of the event and she had cooked pizza, pasta and chicken, so had a wee bit of each and a few glasses of bubbly!! Before my WI today had a 2 mile walk just before it as was terrified I would STS or gain, not sure if that helped but most certainly did not harm. My face was purple by time I got to class!!! Walked from my nieces home, another mile or so, even if I do gain next week I will not be bothered as I set a goal, and achieved that goal within the time frame, that is a miracle in itself!!!!

1. My next goals will be 1lb to get below the next stone
2. A stone and half by Christmas or at least by end of year!

Have not posted since November, whilst I continued to WI I went right off plan latter part of November, all of December and most of January, in that time period only put on a few pounds, so as this point have lost those and a few more. So pleased I did not leave SW fully as do not think I would have gone back, but had just lost all motivation and kept hoping it would come back, it has come back a bit, so the last few weeks have lost a little bit. Felt really good today as managed to lose 2 lbs!!!

I have a family wedding at end of August this year so that is the motivation I needed to kick start myself again. Going to start afresh tomorrow, plan and organise for the coming week and hopefully be fully motivated again!!!!

So made a pile of vegetable soup for today, having lots of speed, being doing quite well today, am determined to get 1.5 lbs off this week, felt so good losing last week because it's been an uphill struggle for quite a while, lost all my motivation and could not get that fight back.

My goal when I first started was to get down a dress size for a formal event I was attending last November, just about managed it, then because it was coming up to Christmas and has achieved a goal I just lost all interest, did continue to WI but my heart was not in it. Kept thinking "I need to set another goal", then mid January my niece told me she was getting married in August this year, so that was something to target.

So last few weeks been getting back on track and now have something to work towards.
These will be my new goals now.
Short term - Get my Stone and half Award
Get below 12 stone

Medium - Get BMI below 30
- Get below 11 stone
Long term - BMI healthy range
- Be a size 12

Ultimate Goal - Reach my target.

So decided to change my Weight Loss Thread, achieved my previous goal, now it is just about my ups and downs, achievements, failures, challenges, hurdles as I weave in and out of this process to see where it takes me. I have tried to adopt a different approach this time to not to be so hard on myself if I do not get the results I want, think I should have achieved or not achieved at all. I am going to embrace my success to date, fitting into a pair of jeans that I could not even get up over my thighs a year ago, not leaving my group and staying for every class now, having meat free days, reducing my alcohol intake, walking and exercising more.

I know now I will have good weeks and bad weeks, I am much more aware of my triggers and mood depressors, I am going to make a promise to myself to keep going, to keep smiling, to keep achieving, to keep being real and to keep bouncing back.

So had a really good day yesterday, lots of speed food, vegetable soups and salad, did not even use any syns not because I wasn't trying to just was not hungry. Today been pretty good too, lots of speed, had a bit of a walk earlier, might have a few treats later if hungry, a bit of chocolate and/or corn snacks. No alcohol this weekend either cos am determined to get my Stone and Half award on Tuesday, would really give me a boost and keep the momentum going, planning on a brisk walk tomorrow and hoping to make a few dishes to do me over the next few days. I have an 18th birthday next weekend, a meal and drinks so going to be as good as I can until then.

Back