Journey of Dietscovery!!

mistyangel

Silver Member
Thought I would start documenting my progress. Yesterday was my 2nd weigh in with SW. Lost 3lbs, (although still not sure how to update the information on my ticker)! That's a 5.5 lbs total. Last week I worked so hard, have never eaten so much fruit and vegs in my life, so wait for it, I was a little bit disappointed (well a big bit) and left the weigh in quite upset. My niece comes with me, she has barely stuck to it and has lost a bit more than me, I am not comparing myself to her because she has more to lose than me and 50% change for her seems to working. I gave all I got last week, and I know the response will be 3 lbs is a good loss. It would be an absolute wonderful loss weeks from now but in my 2nd week where motivation is high and higher loses are generally more achievable.

The first week I only had a few days on the plan and lost with only half trying so I think that is where my disappointment has come from. I have been away from home from yesterday and knew I would probably over-indulge, which is exactly what I did, I felt like a rebellion was coming, like a naughty child feeding her annoyance, and my "couldn't care less now" attitude was optimum. Writing this I can now see the complete immaturity of that last sentence!! Most of yesterday and all today have been a write off, so tomorrow a fresh new start. The next 5 days I will be attacking with gusto and will be happy with any weigh loss next week. When I am at home I can be in control of everything but when staying in someone else's home you are at their mercy, my sister has asked me to stay with her at weekend as her family are away so will try and be prepared and bring some food with me and hope that a change of environment does not affect my motivation or attitude.. Well here's to another great week for us all!!!!

Well done on your weight loss:0clapper:

One and half pounds to go to your first half stone award!:classic_smile:

I have been know to throw my toys out of the pram when I don’t have a good weigh in:classic_oops:...preparation is key:classic_smile: all junk and naughty stuff is banned out of my house and been replaced with plenty of protein, veg, yoghurt and fruit, so on days when I over indulge on these free/low Synned foods the damage is never as bad.

Your link above the ticker in your signature is working but not the graphic for some reason,,,go back to Ticker Factory and select and copy the BB code and paste it in your signature again and delete the one that’s not working...to update you need to remember your pin for the Ticker Factory and when you update over there it will automatically update here...Sometimes it can take a few hours before it will show the new update here...

I hope that helps?

Thank You. Yes all I have is fruit and veg etc in the house. Have a do a small shop tomorrow for the next few days and it will all be all good stuff. I would be over the moon if i manage a 1.5 lb loss this week. I tried the ticker again after that last post and the loss showed up before I pasted it, so not sure if it will show up altered. Will wait until tomorrow now and then readjust if necessary. Thanks again!

So was feeling a little bit disappointed with my last weigh in, but on reflection I should be very pleased it was a good loss. Last 2 days were a bit of a car crash, have started today with a renewed motivation. Did wake up quite tired so lots of tea did the job. So far have had lots of salad and fruit. I am walking to supermarket soon and just contemplated some meal ideas, Last time I was on SW I bought every spice and herb and tried to make some of the SW recipes, all in all it was very expensive and in the end threw such a lot of stuff out.

As my budget is tighter this time I am only buying food for a few days at a time, also quite restricted to the supermarkets that are walking distance. I think this regime is helping me to actually save money and keeps me a little bit more focused. I have onions and mushrooms and curry paste in fridge so will go and get rest of stuff for a curry. Also have carrots and stock so might make a stew as well, I will portion these out and freeze some and that will be my dinners sorted for next 4/5 days. Will bulk up on salad, vegetables, a few treats and a few things for breakfasts and lunches. I am more pleased that I am a lot more practical and money savvy than before because these are not a natural part of my personality. Will let you all know how I get on.

Hello.

Glad to hear u have gotten over your disappointment. Its hard tho isn't it we just want instant results.

Walking to the supermarket will help with exercise and get those steps in

Enjoy the rest of your day

Hello.

Glad to hear u have gotten over your disappointment. Its hard tho isn't it we just want instant results.

Walking to the supermarket will help with exercise and get those steps in

Enjoy the rest of your day
Keep meaning to download a walking app, might do it before I go. Am not looking instant results but just thought first few weeks would be bigger losses, I am realistic enough to know that the further into the process the weight loss does get harder, any weight loss in a months time I will be printing it on a tee shirt!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p

So had a fairly good day today, lots of fruit and salad. plenty of water, did a 2 mile walk too. Had a lovely curry for dinner only 2 syns. At moment not hungry at all but if I fancy a wee treat have plenty of syns to use. Feeling so much better today than I did the last few days, here's to another good day tomorrow!!

Hello all, been a bit under the weather today, not been out at all, not been great with the speed food, so gonna have a pile of fruit very soon. But everything else has been free food but probably not that healthy but still within the plan. Noticed Lemsip only 0.5 syns so gonna have another one now and hopefully will be better tomorrow. Hope everyone has had a great day!

So woke up today having a cold and flu symptoms, freezing cold and sweating at the same time. Had no energy and my default setting when ill is to just eat chocolate and lots of junk. Been working hard all week so instead made some vegetable soup, took all the energy I had, would have been so much easier to open crisps etc. Very proud of myself for not doing this (cant really taste anything anyway), had lots of medicine and throat lozenges not sure what syns are in those so have probably used quite a few, but those syns are a necessity and not bothered how many I have used in that sense. Hope everyone has been having a great weekend and on course!

Hope you are feeling better.

Awe bless. I hope your feeling a bit better. I've just gotten over mine after sleeping most of the weekend. Try and stick to plan as much as you can. I stuck to plan and have come out the other end feeling energised and totally buzzing - the feeling I've been waiting for since starting a diet.
Isn't it awful when u eat loads of fruit and veg and stuff and almost immediately you get an awful cold.

Look after yourself and get plenty of rest. Once it passes with all the good stuff your eating you'll feel amazing :)

Awe bless. I hope your feeling a bit better. I've just gotten over mine after sleeping most of the weekend. Try and stick to plan as much as you can. I stuck to plan and have come out the other end feeling energised and totally buzzing - the feeling I've been waiting for since starting a diet.
Isn't it awful when u eat loads of fruit and veg and stuff and almost immediately you get an awful cold.

Look after yourself and get plenty of rest. Once it passes with all the good stuff your eating you'll feel amazing :)
Thank You. Have gone off course a little bit, all I wanted to do was sleep all weekend but my sister rang me for a few hours yesterday to have a rant about everything!!! THEN my brother who have not seen or spoken to in 10 years decided to ring me last night, 4 hours later I was an emotional mess as I was the vehicle it seems to drop a few bombshells on to. Never slept all night with a vat of information and revelations floating around and around, feeling a bit dis-empowered today, so physically feeling ok but emotionally drained. Goodness this is like therapy here, sorry for the irony of me using this as a vehicle to dump a things on to!!

Tangerine you are doing really well, I will be back on track tomorrow, thank you for your words of encouragement and thanks all for listening.

Weigh in today, STS, thought I would have lost something, I realise I have that type of body that is never gonna have big losses, and if I go off piste a bit it really reflects on my weight loss. I was generally 80% on plan this week, was sick over weekend and with medicine, throat lozenges etc my body was totally out of sync, however I did have lots of vegetable soup and fruits to counteract this so not sure what else I could have done. On the positive I did not gain anything and if I wasn't on the plan I probably would have gained under those circumstances. I have been to SW a few times before and have never had great losses and after 5/6 weeks I always lose motivation, get frustrated and end up leaving. But every time I leave and decide to rejoin I always weigh heavier each time, so there is a lesson to be learned there.

I felt a bit deflated after WI but I have decided at this point my plan is to stick with it and try and give it my all this week and see what next week brings, if I follow the plan 100% this week and do not have a great loss next week I will then review my approach or consider an alternative. Any advice or tips would be very much appreciated my default reaction is to give up and then feel even worse.

Good mental attitude , MistyAngel. I am not dure you will have a "great" loss - maybe a normal loss of 1 or 2lbs if 100%.

Not sure what's in SW these days. Maybe a lower carb approach would suit yr body/metabolism - the SW version is SP https://www.justaveragejen.com/2018/03/top-tips-for-a-slimming-world-sp-or-low-carb-day.html Might be worth a try.
Sorry did not mean a great loss as in large, just meant great as in a loss. My carbs have been cut to a minimum compared to what it had been, but perhaps even less carbs on the plan could be useful, will have a look at the link, funny I was speaking to someone about this and they said all that fruit is a lot of carbs!!! If was going to eat fruit I would be better with a berry type, need to check all this out, thank you for the tips, appreciate it:p

That makes sense. Info on carbs in fruit is here; https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/fruits
Apparently, carb sensitivity can vary - so as low as 20g is necessary for some folk, below 50g or 100g works ok for others.

Thank you for the link, I am even more confused now, SW encourage you to eat lots of speed food, one being fruit, but the amount of sugar and carbs in fruit I am shocked by, I have been eating fruit under duress as not necessarily a fan, given all the news about sugar intake and diabetes etc I am definitely cutting the fruit out. Interestingly apart from the vegetables a lot of the low carb foods would be a no no on the SW plan, ie, high in calories or fat. I am an intelligent person but I have always been confused about which approach to take, calorie counting, low carb, low sugar diet. that is why I have always chosen a specific plan to make it easier for myself, a lot of the food that is free on SW appears not to be healthy for us. Wine is quite low carb, I am sorry I read that as I have given that up as part of this plan!!! Ok so the plan for the rest of the week is to continue what I am doing but I am definitely cutting down on the fruit, not necessarily for the carbs but for the sugar. Bring on the carrot and cucumber sticks lol

There's lots of good veggies - and maybe still have some fruit you really like. I've just bought 150g raspberries - and will have 50g a day with a protein pancake sachet. I appreciate them so much more than I did when I would 150g in one bowl! Fats are high in calories - so the dairy/meat/fish in keto is limited if calorie counting. I've just read that many of us just eat too much protein anyway!

Giving up wine is great as it's empty calories - doesn't fill us up!

Please do whatever suits you and you can sustain. lower losses and being able to keep doing it is better than high losses and dropping off your plan.

R
Thank you for the link, I am even more confused now, SW encourage you to eat lots of speed food, one being fruit, but the amount of sugar and carbs in fruit I am shocked by, I have been eating fruit under duress as not necessarily a fan, given all the news about sugar intake and diabetes etc I am definitely cutting the fruit out. Interestingly apart from the vegetables a lot of the low carb foods would be a no no on the SW plan, ie, high in calories or fat. I am an intelligent person but I have always been confused about which approach to take, calorie counting, low carb, low sugar diet. that is why I have always chosen a specific plan to make it easier for myself, a lot of the food that is free on SW appears not to be healthy for us. Wine is quite low carb, I am sorry I read that as I have given that up as part of this plan!!! Ok so the plan for the rest of the week is to continue what I am doing but I am definitely cutting down on the fruit, not necessarily for the carbs but for the sugar. Bring on the carrot and cucumber sticks lol

I often struggle with this type of diet WW is the same with unlimited fruit. Although many many people do lose a lot of weight in them so clearly they do work. I just couldn't get to grips with a diet that suggested eating Muller lights as a free food (although I understand that has now changed) they are full of sugar. And allowing 2 of those Hifi bars as a HEb every day if u wanted and mug shots used to be free. They say it's encouraging a lot of people to cook from scratch but I don't think so as so much convenience food seems to be free or low syned. I'm glad u are intelligent though and able to adapt the plan to suit you and your health.

Back