Ordering curry tonight!!!

Sage-femme

Silver Member
Eek today is first day of my AAM week and my family are having indian from my favourite restaurant! I was going to have half a chicken breast tonight but I know I'm going to be miserable watching them eat delicious food and I think I deserve a treat after 4 weeks 100% and 23lbs loss.

Now the only curry I really like is chicken korma. I adore it!!!! I know it's like the worst curry but I'm having it anyway. Now I usually have it with a whole portion of rice and a cheese naan... Should I try and not have these with it because of the carbs? Or maybe just try and have a lil bit off rice but not too much?

Will it be really detrimental to my weight loss?

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The korma might not be that bad without the rice/naan given it's based heavily on cream. What about a side dish of paneer to have it with, or saag and you may even stay in ketosis?

Have a chicken tandoori if you like it - no creamy sauce. And could have with a veggie side dish like lentils. I wouldn't personally have rice or naan or Cobra on VLCD!! x

it depends if u can cope with getting into ketosis again? I personally would go the whole hog and have it all, then get straight back on the wagon tomorrow x

Wouldn't personally do it, just because it would feel better to go through that night with just your chicken breast, and say 'Yeah! I did it - I didn't give into food. And I'm not going to have put on any weight, and I don't have to wait until I get back into ketosis now!'. Isn't it a bad sign that you're giving in? I just mean that could spell disaster for you later down the line, but part of this diet for me is taking food out of the equation completely - showing myself that I don't need to be tempted & I feel so much better when I resist. Obviously, your situation might be completely different, but I thought I'd throw that out there. You DO have the option not to have it. But, if you must, I would also go with the Tandoori as Jubbly suggested. If you're stuck on the Korma then I would try without the rice and nan.. Just the chicken & sauce at least. That way you have shown a little self restraint. x

Your stomache will have shrunk, so I think the rice and naan will be too much for you anyway ;)
I actually quite like a bit of salad with a curry.... would you be able to have that ?
If you like tandori, then that would be a much better option, as you dont know what kind of thickeners are in the sauce of a korma.
Marge
:)

millux said:
it a bad sign that you're giving in? I just mean that could spell disaster for you later down the line, but part of this diet for me is taking food out of the equation completely - showing myself that I don't need to be tempted & I feel so much better when I resist. Obviously, your situation might be completely different, but I thought I'd throw that out there. You DO have the option not to have it.

Sorry but I'm not 'giving in' to anything, I've made a conscious decision to sit down and enjoy a meal with my family for the first time in 4 weeks. Every day I watch them eat the foods I love, most days they offer me food I would have bitten my arm off to have in the past and every time I smile and say 'no thank you'. Im not on this diet to never eat anything I enjoy again, I'm on it to lose weight. Having one planned night off isn't hopefully going to make too much of an impact, and if it does then I just get back on track.

I agree with u Hun. It's not like you've got so far then binged. You have made a conscious decision to have this meal and I hope u enjoy it. The very worst than can happen is you go out of ketosis and you have a smaller loss for one week. One night off does not mean your giving up and as long as you think u can get right back on it tomorrow then go for it!! You've done well so far, sticking to TS even tho you've had a lot going on in your personal life! If you can achieve that then I have complete faith that u can have a meal tonight and nor let it ruin the whole diet. Hugs xxx

Sorry but I'm not 'giving in' to anything, I've made a conscious decision to sit down and enjoy a meal with my family for the first time in 4 weeks. Every day I watch them eat the foods I love, most days they offer me food I would have bitten my arm off to have in the past and every time I smile and say 'no thank you'. Im not on this diet to never eat anything I enjoy again, I'm on it to lose weight. Having one planned night off isn't hopefully going to make too much of an impact, and if it does then I just get back on track.

Sorry if I offended you, C. I meant no disrespect. You've come far, you should be proud of yourself - but falling off the wagon is easy - that's the only reason I said what I did - none of us want to see you doing this in the wrong frame of mind. And yeah, one night probably won't do much as long as you're positive & can get right back to the diet as you said. I'm sure you can do it & continue as you were regardless, enjoy your night. x

Your stomach will have shrunk, so I think the rice and naan will be too much for you anyway

I wish you well, but don't be surprised if your capacity to eat has changed. In my experience my planned 'treat' was a damp squid. I was full after half a plate of my planned treat.
Whatever happens, enjoy it. It will do you good and when you back to TS you will lose even more weight. So go on , have fun and feel very very proud of what you have achieved so far. You have done so well, you are quietly re educating your palate.

GSQ

Hey Chaz....
What did you have in the end ?
And did you enjoy it ?
Marge
:)

Where are you Chaz? Future midwife, I need an update. How is it going?
GSQ

Back