Original, Green or extra easy??

tubbytumtum

Hi everyone, I have done slimming world before years ago when it was original or green days. I have joined back to group a couple of times and just cant seem to get on with extra easy :confused: If I am doing original or green days do I have to have 1/3rd of the plate superfree? When I did the plan before I didnt have 1/3rd superfree and had good losses but it seems that they prefer you to do Extra Easy now. Is the extra Easy supposed to give you better loses? Sorry to be such a pain but am a bit mixed up :( Any help would be appreciated thanx x

Im not sure i can answer u fully as ide class myself relatively still new and only follow ee.

But i do no extra easy gives u more variety of meal options as carbs and meat are both free. I wouldnt say it gives u better losses as there are ppl who swear by each plan for different reasons and how it affects their personal weight loss. U hav to find wat works for u.

Im not sure if u follow green/red if u need ur 1/3 superfree but i can only say fillin ur plate with 1/3 superfree means u hav less space to fill with other things.

Hope i helped a little if any. And good luck with ur journey :)

i think the ee plan is supposed to be less complicated so you don't have to weigh meat etc.. but I often follow green days & don't always have third superfree & still have good losses,I prefer more healthy extras & enjoy quorn.You really need to do what works for you,if you have had good losses before you will again :) x

I think extra easy is suppose to be a lot easier to follow. I did do some green days and found I did have better losses aswell

The choice is yours. If you don't like EE, then do one of the other plans. What "they" prefer us to do is neither here nor there - there are three plans and it is up to us to decide which suits each one of us best. Or chop and change between the three - lots of people do this.

Lots of people find that EE is more flexible and fits their lifestyles better. Others say that they get better losses on red or green. And of course, green is the choice of most vegetarians.

As for superfree - everyone should have loads of vegetables and some fruit. You can do red and green plans without, but why would you want to? For your health and for your future, aiming for that one-third superfree can only be a good thing.

According to the website the 1/3 superfree is a staple of all plans but there are always times where it doesn't fit with your meal in such specific quantities. I do exclusively green as I don't eat meat. This is quite a recent change for me and I did EE before and the losses are comparable but I have improved my superfree by 100% since switching, going from 5/6 portions a day to over 10. That's with adhering to the 1/3. Can't be a bad thing. :)

Hi everyone, I have done slimming world before years ago when it was original or green days. I have joined back to group a couple of times and just cant seem to get on with extra easy :confused: If I am doing original or green days do I have to have 1/3rd of the plate superfree? When I did the plan before I didnt have 1/3rd superfree and had good losses but it seems that they prefer you to do Extra Easy now. Is the extra Easy supposed to give you better loses? Sorry to be such a pain but am a bit mixed up :( Any help would be appreciated thanx x

I've done SW on and off for years and I found it quite hard to switch to EE at first, but you just meld red and green together (what my leader used to call a 'tartan' day :)) and only have one HE A and B. It's pretty simple once you get your head around it and I find it fits into family eating better, things like spag bol, cottage pie, roast dinners, curries with rice, etc, all 'free', it's much easier.

Red and green days are a bit easier when you're at work/college, the two HEs make all the difference, ie- cereal for breakfast and sandwich with salad for lunch and obviously if you're vegetarian then it's the green plan all the way. :)

I've never found any difference in my weight losses, I lose slowly either way, lol, and I tend to follow the 1/3 veg rule most of the time anyway, on the plan or not, a meal doesn't look right without veg, although never at breakfast (unless it's cooked!) I don't really eat fruit and I'm not putting asparagus on my Weetabix for anyone! :D

Give it a bit of a go and if you still don't feel comfortable after a couple of weeks then just go back to what you know. Good luck. x

im a die-hard red/green day girl.

:)

I lost weight really good on red and green - no 1/3 superfree in those days. Lost good. Then `they` kept on that EE was better cause you had more variety. It took me ages to get my head around it but when I did I found that I ate more. Have never really got back on a regular weight loss. Up and down all the time.

When I do mostly red/green I have better weight losses but that only happens once in a while. Got too used to doing EE I feel I am missing out when I do red and green. Silly really. But that is me.

Good luck with whatever you decide. You can always alternate Red green then ee day by day.

I don't eat meat so I have only ever done Green days, and have never followed the 1/3 superfree rule. That being said, when I look at what I do actually eat then 1/3 probably is super free.

Last edited:
I don't eat meat so I have only ever done Green days, and have never followed the 1/3 superfree rule. That being said, when I look at what I do actually eat then 1/3 probably is super free.

I think we often do it without even thinking about it don't we, pasta sauces are full of veg, roast dinners half the plate is veg, home-made soups are mostly veg, and most of that veg is superfree, with the odd pea thrown in. :)

red and green for me all the way! i know where i stand with carbs/meat with those. I love Quorn so am great on green days with masses of potato/pasta but find my weight losses greater on red days filling up with lots of stir fry

Back