Orilstat or Weight Watchers

Davey1984

Hi all,
I have just been given Orilstat by my GP and told to follow a low fat diet of 1800 calories per day.
I have a considerable amount of weight to lose – 9 stone to be precise.
I am just wondering whether I should do this or give WW a good go, as I was very successful on WW a few years ago when it was Discover Plan.
Does anyone have any opinions on this and what they think is the best option for long term weight loss success.
Thank you xxx

Hi a few people have combined WW with the tablets .. You just have to watch the fat content of the meals

Main rule is 5g or less per 100g ( not portion size)
Of max fat .. 45g fat per day max no worries if your under .,

Most of the WW products should fit within this rule..

Quite a few people use myfitnesspal to track what we are eating - it's a phone app and a website :)

Change the way your meals are cooked - grill, bake (in foil), dry fry or use a spray oil - fry light most supermarkets stock them.

Buy lean meats - bacon medallions - remove fat and skin from meat and poultry

Plenty veg, at least 1/2 your plate with salad and or veg. Watch your low fat high sugar items .. Potatoes are not a veg but a starch - a portion of potato is about the size of your closed fist ..

Snacks:- fruit, yogurt, rice/ corn crackers etc

Good luck :)

Its completely down to personal choice. I've previously done every single diet plan going and never been successful. The Orlistat gives me the strict focus/fear that I clearly need to be able to succeed. Good luck in whatever you decide. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hya, I started on orlistat last week, and have been surprised what I can still eat, I have had no side effects and been eating lots of the right foods, if you read through people's diarys and get all the info you can you will be able to decide what you feel is best for you, I found just counting the fat in food is best for me,

all the best an good luck

julia

Davey1984 said:
Hi all,
I have just been given Orilstat by my GP and told to follow a low fat diet of 1800 calories per day.
I have a considerable amount of weight to lose – 9 stone to be precise.
I am just wondering whether I should do this or give WW a good go, as I was very successful on WW a few years ago when it was Discover Plan.
Does anyone have any opinions on this and what they think is the best option for long term weight loss success.
Thank you xxx

Well, as Tara said, you can certainly combine Orlistat with Weight Watchers as long as you're aware of the fat content of what you eat. Personally I'm a calorie counter and have lost over 9 stone combining it with Orlistat, but have never done WW so can't directly compare. But you should get good results using Orlistat with either one. :) xx

Back