Orlistat, Anyone know of it???

t11cky

I started on slimming nearly 3 weeks ago and have got off to a good start. I was talking to a friend the other day and got told if you are classed as obese the NHS in my local area can you access to the Council run swimming pool and Gym.
So I went to see my doctor yesterday and was told that he could possibly do this in the next few weeks if I continued to lose weight.
Instead he gave me a prescription for a weight loss medication called 'Orlistat' which should quickly get rid of 30% of anyfat that I eat!
Sounds to good to be true apart from the fact that it has a side effect of making my bum have side effects incommon with a dripping tap!
Has anyone got experiences of 'Orlistat', if so is it too good to be true or does it really work?? Please let me know of any knowlege or experience's!! :confused:

It works well but you cannot cheat otherwise you get the dreaded side effects you were speaking about lol! You have to have about 14 -16gms fat each meal and no more! I took them for a few month and lost a couple of stone but its easier and healthier to stick to the sw plan imo.
love
Jillica x

Yeah, I have full intention of sticking to the slimming world plan, No doubt!! It has really opened my eyes this last 3 weeks about nice meals that are very low in syns or no syns at all!!
Cheers for your experiences, that is exactly what I am after, The doctor and nhs web pages only inform you of the official stuff, you cant beat peoples personal experiences!!

I used this before and did not get on with it very well. When I was off plan I was visited by the 'tango man' lol but when I was on plan it didnt seem to make much of a difference.
I think sw is a fairly low fat diet anyway so it doesn't have a huge impact. Saying that I'm only just in the obese category (31.1) whereas my friend who is in the high 30's lost loads of weight while doing slimming world and taking orlistat.
Good luck whatever you decide. Xx

Back