OT- Anyone watching the Inauguration?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Principessa N, 20 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Principessa N

Principessa N Minimins Addict

Diet:
    Anything
    I don't pretend to know anything about politics but i watched the results come in and i'm watching the Inauguration. Its such a historic thing

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I will be - although that is partly because work will probably be busy because of it.

I think the last one I saw was George Bush senior - all those years ago!!!

4. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm not watching it, it's all hype and who cares! The president doesn't really rule the country, he just does as his advisors tell him or he soon disappears. I'm not a big fan of politicians in case you didn't notice!

5. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I watched it, i don't know much about politics but i think he seems a good man for president, definatley a historic moment and it was quite emotional i thought. I think he will be a good president.

6. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    You're right, he doesnt rule, he has to follow a guideline otherwise if he "ruled" it would not be a democracy, it would be a dictatorship.. but, when you vote in a president, you vote in a certain set of things he/she will carry out, that you agree with, as opposed to his opponent who would have different issues he/she would like to address..
    x x

7. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    Would not have missed it and in fact watching it again on tv tonight. Absolutely amazing and I was glad to share that time with my students today watching it.
    edi

8. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree totally. I don't agree with come of his policies but I think he is what the US needs.

9. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I watched it, and them fluffing up when they swore him in, did that other bloke even know what he was doing..?

10. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    He was very nervous as it was his first time administering the oath of office. He apoligized to President Obama later. Barack had memorized the oath prior to taking it.
    edi

11. clairex

clairex Silver Member

I love politics, im such a geek - before i dropped outta uni my degree was politics and international relations and i loved it. Obama is exactly what the US needs - and don't be fooled, he does have some power, there are so many loopholes in the American system - how dya think they went to war with Iraq without congress agreeing?:)
    I loved it, and I'm really pleased he's in!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

12. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    oooh another politics geek.. i really love it.. lol.. used to study it and its sooo interesting..
    Tis true, ther are many many loopholes just lik in anything really.. Glad you're pleased he is in.. cos i am too.. lol

x x

13. clairex

clairex Silver Member

Originally Posted by clairex [​IMG]
    I love politics, im such a geek - before i dropped outta uni my degree was politics and international relations and i loved it. Obama is exactly what the US needs - and don't be fooled, he does have some power, there are so many loopholes in the American system - how dya think they went to war with Iraq without congress agreeing?:)
    I loved it, and I'm really pleased he's in!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

oooh another politics geek.. i really love it.. lol.. used to study it and its sooo interesting..
    Tis true, ther are many many loopholes just lik in anything really.. Glad you're pleased he is in.. cos i am too.. lol

x x

yeah another politics geek - and proud!! haha! :)
    I love American politics too, I got a first in that module! :) woowooooo! shame i left, eh? haha
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.