OT - Jewellery

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by SoonToBeGorgeous, 10 January 2008 Social URL.

1. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I have a lot of silver jewellery which tarnishes - some of it I couldn't clean properly because it had flowers and leaves and etc that you couldn't get a cloth into.

Can now wear a lot of my rings that were previously too tight too and they haven't been worn for years - so were totally tarnished.

Just before Christmas I bought an ultrasonic cleaner from QVC. It is brilliant!! 3 mins just with hot water and a drop of washing up liquid.

I have had a cleaning session this morning and it has all come up sparkling!

Apparently the jewellers all use them - not for pearls/opals though.

Saw a friend yesterday whom thought she had ruined a silver ring whilst on honeymoon last November - having a thalasso pool treatment. It was black, well and truly. So I brought it home last night and made a start on it this morning. 3 mins and it was sparking clean - she will be chuffed to bits tonight when she gets it back!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. k-nine

k-nine Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Diets online
    Lovely. It's great rediscovering things isn't it? And your new gadget sounds like just the thing I need - will have a look!
    k9
    x

4. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    That's brill STBG - might be worth checking out the anti-tarnish jewellery boxes on QVC too - I got one last year and its brillo.

Gx

5. SoonToBeGorgeous

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    My Mother bought me one of the anti-tarnish jewellery boxes from QVC for Christmas - will put my good silver stuff in there.

Will see what happens!!

I wear contact lenses so my glasses get dirty - I put those in the ultrasonic cleaner too and they came up brilliantly!

6. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have had one of those cleaners for a few years now and they are brilliant for cleaning jewellry.

7. FitAndTrim

FitAndTrim Full Member

That machine sounds great. Do you know if it works on 'cheap' jewellery? I have a few silver coloured bits that have gone off colour. They are not sterling silver though.

8. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Sonic cleaners are great aren't they!? We have one because my hubby is a body piercer & we have to use it for the clamps etc. before putting them in the atuoclave, mind you our's cost a fortune because of the type we needed. I use it for all my jewellery....xxx

9. SoonToBeGorgeous

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Yes they do!!

I have some gorgeous jewellery that is neither silver nor gold - cleaned one of them this morning that I bought in the USA - a gorgeous chain with a heart pendant - and it came out sparkling clean too!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.