OT:: trapped neck help :(

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by size102b, 13 July 2010 Social URL.

1. size102b

size102b Banned

Off Topic but in pain
    Hi I got up this morning and my neck is stuck on the left hand, think it maybe a nerve? How do I get my neck back ? :( x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Riotgrrrrl

Riotgrrrrl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Aww chick. Take some anti-inflammatorys and get some rest. If its not feeling better tomorrow get yourself down the docs xx Hope you feel better soon xx

4. loobyloo85

loobyloo85 Louise

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Sorry ur feeling rubbish and in pain
    Theres nothing much you can do for a trapped nerve really other than relax and rest and take some pain relief! It wont stop hurting until the muscle has released. try not to move ur neck too much as u will be in agony! Maybe a heat pack might help.

Hope u feel better soon xxx

5. Nellyphant

Nellyphant Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.93%)
    Ditto the above. Rest, anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen is brilliant for this) and heat or cold. You can alternate hot and cold on the area if you aren't sure which you need. To check whether you should warm or cool a sore area feel your skin where it hurts and if the it's warmer than the surrounding area you need to cool it (bag of frozen peas wrapped in a tea towel or a gel pack if you have one) and if the temperature is the same use heat (hot water bottle, warm flannel - anything you can think of really).

If it doesn't go you could see your GP but I personally would go to see an Osteopath. Feel better soon.

6. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    Aww hun that sucks i know what it feels like, you may of slept funny that's what happens to me :( just have to rest up if you have one of those curvy pillows that fits round your neck it helps.. well helped me anyway! :) hope you feel better soon xxx

7. size102b

size102b Banned

Thanks guys :'( am in pain headache feel sick now and I cant bend down as it hurts so much ,with 3 kids its not ideal :(
    I went to zumba last night and woke up this morning and I heard a creak then I couldnt move my neck under my head in an area on the left.....
    Thanks again I wondered how long it lasts forxx

8. jacqui35

jacqui35 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.03%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    awww hun hope you feel better soon, do you think zumba had anything to do with it, your werent shaking ya hips to fast now was you??? really hope you getting rest, hard with kids i know, but get well soon hun xxxxx

9. size102b

size102b Banned

ha ha :) I dont know 1st week my hip hurt I dont think it is but I am not as fit as I should be it maybe? I have done my neck before a year ago but its painful this time?I will see how it is tomorrow and if the same or worse go se someone
    How are you ??xx

10. jacqui35

jacqui35 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.03%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    hey hun im fine just nobody helping me out with my point reguarding points grrrrrr lolol, doing good today no sneaky peaking on scales and i wouldnt anyways im wearing jeans but everytime i go toilet i could jump on them when i dont wear jeans, but they still there and not been on so im doing well hahaha. i was gonna say keep chin up but obviously i wont hahaha sorry hun, i hate pain im a right woozie lol and can imagine how much pain you in, take care and just try to relax xxxxx

11. size102b

size102b Banned

lol :) hahaha .........
    Ahhh what do you mean no ones helping you with your pointing points?
    Well done you on no scale hopping,if they are digital get your sons to hide the batteries easier and smaller than the scales ;) I cant bend down to move mine lol so will not bother weighing until Monday..........Come on explain what help you need Ill try :) xx

12. big-dollop

big-dollop Need To Downsize!

Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    how are we feeling today???
    no neck pain i hope

13. size102b

size102b Banned

Hiya ahhh thanks alot thats really kind of you to ask,Im much better today thanks not all ok but can move now lol :eek:
    ;) Hope your well?x

14. big-dollop

big-dollop Need To Downsize!

Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    size102b
    im ok today been working doing some essential maintainance Cat flap broke and needed replacing and a spot of gardening phew you can soon work up a sweat who need aerobics when youve got DIY:) Glad the neck better

15. size102b

size102b Banned

Lol how many AP is cat flap fixin :) that could be a new fitness class DIY Fitness
    Necks much better thankyou, think it's old age and zumba lol
    Have a good thursday :)

16. kayla121012

kayla121012 Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.71%)
    Diet:
    bit of everything
    Hi size102b..

just read your message on here now.. glad to hear that your feeling much better today.. sometimes its only time and rest will heal.. and may have been whatever way you slept... good sign tho that theres an improvement so here's hoping you dont have to visit the doc!

rest up and take it handy for a few days..
    mind yourself
    kayla

size102b likes this.
  17. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Glad to see you are a bit better

Irene xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. size102b

size102b Banned

Thankyou Irene xx

20. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If things don't improve I would recommend seeing a chiropractor, a little expensive but well worth it. A few years ago I had a traped nerve & the pain was unbelieveable after seeing the chiropractor once the pain was much better & gone after two sessions.

21. size102b

size102b Banned

Thanks HH is much better thankyou :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.