OT Weekend in London- Ideas Please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Gemma, 18 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Gemma

Gemma Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Me and my partner are off for a tourist weekend in London, has anyone got any must see attractions, my boyfriend doesn't seem to think Primark on Oxford Street counts :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wannabesize10

wannabesize10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Gemma likes this.
  4. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Off the top of my head:
    London Eye and wander along the South Bank
    Covent Garden market - good shops, good market and watch the buskers
    A walk through one of the London parks - St James's is my favourite
    If you like art, the National Gallery is good, but don't try to do it all - there is a good 'highlights' tour
    national Portrait gallery (just round the corner in St Martin's Lane) also interesting
    Liberty's is a nice posh shop to visit (Regent Street) - I prefer it to Harrods but of course Harrods is a bit of a tourist must-do <shudder>
    Museums - national history, science, imperial war, courtauld gallery - it really does depend on how you want to spend your time.
    The 'Duck' tour is fun The Official London Ducktours
    What about a guided walk - there are loads on this site London Tours - Visit London - we did a jack the ripper one which was fun, but there are hundreds to choose from
    Actually that visitlondon site has loads of stuff to look through - some interesting ideas there I think.

HTH
    Liz

Gemma likes this.
  5. haggard_hannah

haggard_hannah Proud to be a Loser!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    If you see a show, you MUST see Lion King - I had goosebumps the whole way through! And I love Covent Garden, could spend all day just there! Hope you have a fab time! xx

Gemma likes this.
  6. hannahbanana

hannahbanana Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.86%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    hmmm there's lots of things to do in London, have you been here before? Do you want real tourist stuff or just fun stuff?

My favourite thing to do in London is go to the markets:

Camden is querky crazy but open both days, and watching the boats go through the lock is cool.

Saturday market -
    Borough: is my fav but not good if you're on CD as it's the foodie one, where you get to taste all kinds of sweets, pates, cheeses, meats, jams, oils - mmmm, but it's just by London bridge which is a cool area that leads past The Globe to Southbank, and the eye.

Sunday markets -
    Columbia rd flower market
    Bricklane markets

Check out a show perhaps? If you walk around piccadilly you can see the shops that sell cheap tickets for shows that play that night, you might get a good deal.

7. Gemma

Gemma Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Thanks for all your help girls.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.