Other bars

Slinkyson

Gold Member
A couple of years when I was on s&s we were able to have other bars I know the biggest loser ones were ok and tescos own meal bars but I can't find anywhere that sells biggest loser ones! I know they don't taste anywhere near as good as truffa bars but I'm desperate for the next two days I need to take bars with me and don't know what to do??????

What about Atkins bars, they are expensive but are available in most supermarkets and big chemists like boots, I'm sure they'd be ok to use if its just for a few days x

What about Atkins bars, they are expensive but are available in most supermarkets and big chemists like boots, I'm sure they'd be ok to use if its just for a few days x

I think I may have to buy a couple I could chop them in half but I know they are low carb so maybe ok to have whole! X

Someone on here mentioned Atkins bars and basically the packaging is extremely misleading and they are really quite high in carbs :-( Which is a shame as some are yummy I did hear that Tesco ones would be OK for short bursts bur not sure, why don'r you go on MFP an look up carbs etc? X

Someone on here mentioned Atkins bars and basically the packaging is extremely misleading and they are really quite high in carbs :-( Which is a shame as some are yummy I did hear that Tesco ones would be OK for short bursts bur not sure, why don'r you go on MFP an look up carbs etc? X

Yeah I'll have a look now I've been told that too just asked on the Atkins forum and none of them
Seem to use the bars

That might have been me. They aren't as low as the front of the pack implies however they are lower calorie and carbs Thant he slim & save bars so they probably are t that bad as a replacement meal as a one off if you need to keep carbs/calories under a certain number.

That might have been me. They aren't as low as the front of the pack implies however they are lower calorie and carbs Thant he slim & save bars so they probably are t that bad as a replacement meal as a one off if you need to keep carbs/calories under a certain number.

I think it was you, hello :)
Lower than s&s, really?!! I have found an online store called Kee Diet and bara are also lower in cals and carbs. Guessing they are smaller but they have a load of stuff that is literally identical to s&s, as well as some other stuff that looks good and all works out at least a few pence cheaper x

I think it was you, hello :) Lower than s&s, really?!! I have found an online store called Kee Diet and bara are also lower in cals and carbs. Guessing they are smaller but they have a load of stuff that is literally identical to s&s, as well as some other stuff that looks good and all works out at least a few pence cheaper x

Ohhh will have a nosey at that site thanks :) x

Yes the bar I had was 141 calories & 14 carbs whereas most of S&S bars are 167 cals & 16 carbs as an average. Now I know S&S claim their bars are 25% of your RDA but I don't know if the Atkins bars have any added nutrients.

Just checking that site out now, I'm tempted to try some as they have different meals there too and say you can use their meals as part of the 5:2 diet which I'm thinking of doing to maintain.

Just checking that site out now, I'm tempted to try some as they have different meals there too and say you can use their meals as part of the 5:2 diet which I'm thinking of doing to maintain.

Tbh i think their meals look good but i did 5:2 up til last week and just used WW meals on those days. Horses for courses though I guess :)
S&S bars defo had around 135cals approx a year/year and a half ago when I first did it so i think the Kee diet ones that are same flavour as s&s are exactly the same. Cottage pie, spag bowl and porridge all the same too. X

Back