OTHER PEOPLE'S REACTION

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by angeleyes, 9 May 2007 Social URL.

1. angeleyes

angeleyes Full Member

:) Hi - not sure if any of you have experienced this but the few people I have told about the food plan have made some very negative comments about how such rapid weight loss cannot be good!!! etc.etc.

I met with my friend yesterday and was so excited to tell her about the plan but she was trying to put me off and said that the diet cannot be healthy.

My husband has also been a bit sceptical and has been trying to persuade me not to follow it but I REALLY want to shift the pounds and quickly and not just that, I think the plan would be good for me as I will learn to reducate myself about food and flavours etc. (once in maintenance stage)

Recently I have felt as though I am 'not in control' of my food consumption and total abstinence I think will be the key for me.

Have any of you had this problem re negative feedback? How have you handled it? Its hard when you really want to commit to the diet.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Had the same reaction time and time again. In the end I put it down to ignorance and/or jealousy!

They smirked on the other side of the faces, down 5 stone, and a size 12 from a 22/24, 6 months still doing ok!!!!!!!!!!

You do this for you hun, not what anyone else says!!!

4. angeleyes

angeleyes Full Member

well done you - what an inspiration!!

5. minilady

minilady Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Hi

I totally agree with CIRDT

When I started most peoples opinions were negative and it does get you down a bit, especially when your so excited about losing weight.

You'll learn to shrug it off, and as the weight comes off you won't care what they say:D :D :D

A couple of people who told me not to do it, are now doing it themselves...must admit to a bit of smug mode when they told me;)

Your doing this for you!

Tracey
    x

6. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    People often criticise what they don't understand - but believe me, they will be eating their words in just a few weeks when they see how fab and HEALTHY you look!

7. angeleyes

angeleyes Full Member

Good For You Minilady!!! I Bet That Felt Great - What A Compliment To You That They Want To Go On The Same Diet. You Have Clearly Been Very Successful. How Long Have Oyu Been On The Plan? And How Much Weight Max Have You Lost?

8. angeleyes

angeleyes Full Member

Thanks Russian Doll.

How You Doing Today?

9. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    The first few days are always a bit tough angel. But I know from past experience that things will get easier so I'm glugging the water and hoping the Ketosis fairy visits me soon :)

Thanks for asking :p

10. angeleyes

angeleyes Full Member

You certainly seem to know what your talking about and have very sound advice for us newcomers! Do you have a lot of weight to loose? I have about 4 1/2 stone to shift

11. angeleyes

angeleyes Full Member

you have done very well so far - you should be very proud of yourself!

12. minilady

minilady Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I've lost 44lbs in 11 weeks. Nearly at goal, another 6lb to go, but may move the goal to 9 stone now I'm nearly there. I never thought I'd get this far. First week was a bit tough, and weekends were the hardest for me.

Just keep in mind the slim you for the summer and you'll breeze through it!

Tracey
    x

Mini likes this.
  13. minilady

minilady Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Do you have much weight to lose?

14. angeleyes

angeleyes Full Member

Hello Minilady - well done on your fab results! I bet you can really see the results.

Are you planning on a vacation this year so that you can show off your new figure?

15. tishtosh

tishtosh Hopeful for the future

Diet:
    Atkins
    As a nurse I had reservations myself. But if your GP signed your form then it can't be dangerous. After all how safe is being overweight?
    You go for it and follow your heart

16. angeleyes

angeleyes Full Member

I haven;t seen my CDC yet - that is next week. Do you have to have a doctor's signature to do the plan then?

17. tishtosh

tishtosh Hopeful for the future

Diet:
    Atkins
    You do for LL, but not sure about CD.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    get negative comments all the time
    i`ve given up telling people now
    just makes me more determined to do this and show em all they were wrong
    think they expect me to give up like i have on other diets but i an a stubborn cow and i wont give in till i am at least 5 stone down

sod em all i say

kaz xxx

Mini likes this.
  20. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    At my heaviest I had 12st to lose ... I started CD last year and went well until Christmas. Had a 'festive' time :eek: but got back on track in the New Year. A Depo Provera jab in Feb put the skids under everything and so here I am with 5st still to lose <sigh!>

Ah well - better than 12st eh? :)

21. Miss_Rooster

Miss_Rooster Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Everyone thinks its making me ill and my sister is uncomfotable but at the end of the day its up to me to prove people wrong x

22. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I used to get loads of negitive comments & stupid one but those people are now having to eat their words....

I thought you might like to read a post i wrote back on jan this year (& i had lost as much weight then as i have now)

I did return to eating for about 4/6 weeks as i had been unwell (nothing to do with a VLCD may i add), yes i did put a little on but that was my own stupidity i ate anything & everything!!! LOL....

You do what right for you hun & ignore the silly comments, people just don't understand the way these type of diet work & don't understand that our body gets all the nutrients & vitamins it needs to stay HEALTHY....

Good luck we are all here to support you...:grouphugg:

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.