out of ketosis

Sammi N

Anything but Regular
Can anyone tell me roughly what amount of food takes you out of ketosis please.

Nope, sorry. It is totally different for everyone. Some people find certain types of food will take them out, for others it's amounts.

Someone might have a rough idea, but as it's so varied, most people won't. Sorry hon. x

Grrrrr, I had some couscous instead of my norm chicken or turkey for my meal and am worried that i might have stuffed things up. I wanted to know roughly what amount knocks you out to know whether im going to have to go through another few days getting back into it :S

It might do, as couscous is carbs, rather than protein of chicken. Best advice, just drink water and get right back on track. You'll probably be fine if it's just the once and you didn't have loads.

Don't worry about it, as you'll make yourself feel crap, and might think you have come out when you are ok.

Tiny mistake, thats all it is. If you need to substitute though (I don't suggest you do) choose a protein, different meat, and a smaller quantity.

Sorry I can't be more use.

Uniqua I think that was fab advice.....xxx

2 home made fairy cakes!! Thats what It took to take me out of it yesterday:copon:

Oh no is that all!!! I'm so annoyed at myself not because I ate it but because I knew that it wasn't right. I have felt like crap ever since as I feel like i've undone all my hard work.

I have noticed that when I did this diet last year for a couple of weeks (fell pregnant so had to stop) after my weigh in i felt so good that the day after i "treated" myself to something naughty to eat. I have realised that I have practically reapeated the same thing this time round, I ate the couscous the day after weigh in.

I wouldn't mind but the day of the weigh in I was on such a high from my loss that I was motivated, determined to do 100% good (not cheat) for the next week. I am very aware that after the next weigh in if i feel like "treating" myself, i shall step away from the food and treat myself with something non edible!!!

Thanks Sarah, needed a bit of encouragement. I didn't realise one slip could make me question my capabilites of suceeding at this diet. I know i can still get there. I just need to concentrate on whats most important and hopefully that will guide me on the road to slim :)

Sammi it may have taken you out of ketosis and yes you may need to get there again, but if thats it, on the calories your having the rest of the time, it probably won't make much difference to your weight loss (if you average it over the next 2/3 weeks being 100% from now). One slip up in the grand scheme of things will not make much of a difference, but a further slip up will!
Get back on the horse and choose not to again and everything will be fine.....good luck.

Thank you flowey great motivational response you put there. I just didn't want to turn up to my second weigh in and see a gain. I'm terrified of that and know it would put me back to square one. Positive attitude going into place now and I shall make sure that for every 100% day i have on this diet the more 100% days i'll have enjoying being slim :D thanks once again

Whatever happens at your next weigh-in, its mostly water not fat. I got ill and had to eat for a couple of days until the worst was over with. But I lost 1lb that week and the next week had a huge loss, thats why I say don't go on one weigh-in, its the grand-plan. You'll be fine, we all do it, just don't let it spoil the whole thing (which I've done many times on previous diets!)

Back