• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Outfit advice needed please!

I am going out in London on Friday night for OH's friend's birthday. We are going to a cocktail bar in central london and apart from us, everyone is going straight from work. I have no idea what to wear! Not only have I not really been out much since having kids, I have no idea what to wear now I have lost weight!

I don't want to look over dressed if everyone is in work gear, but at the same time, it is London on a Friday night, so I don't want to look too casual. I have narrowed it down to two choices, though they do seem to be two ends of a spectrum! Either a short flowery dress which I have never been brave enough to wear before so still has the tags on, or skinny jeans and a top with lacey panels at the top.

Advice gratefully received!
20130416_204658.jpg 20130416_205539.jpg

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
You look stunning in both! Look at those super long legs! I'd say which ever you feel most comfortable and confident in......have a fab night xx

Both are nice, but I prefer the skinnies and top!

You look great in both, find that confidence girl :D I'd go for the dress xx

oooh love these threads!

I like both and think you look great in both. From what I have seen in London people wear such a variety of outfits it doesn't matter what you wear so would say wear whichever you feel best in. I would say that the first one was slightly dressier but this doesn't make it right or wrong for the occasion.

Makes me want to get dressed up and go out!

Go for the dress if the weather is nice as it just might well be! Both outfits look fab though!

Thank you for the replies. I do think I am leaning towards the dress as going out is such a rarity for me, I should probably make the most of it. Plus, I spent £30 on that dress, I might as well get some wear out of it! I popped into Asda today and bought some new shoes that don't have such a high heel, so hopefully I won't be crippled from standing all night!

So it turns out my quandary was unnecessary, my son is threw up last night and again this lunchtime, so i am staying in tonight and hubby is going on his own. My son is tucked up in bed now and hasn't been sick since 1pm but i didn't think it was fair to leave him. I am gutted though- i was looking forward to going out.

Treenire

loves stripes!
oh no =[ I was about to sday def the dress! hope your son feels better soon!!

So it turns out my quandary was unnecessary, my son is threw up last night and again this lunchtime, so i am staying in tonight and hubby is going on his own. My son is tucked up in bed now and hasn't been sick since 1pm but i didn't think it was fair to leave him. I am gutted though- i was looking forward to going out.
Oh no what a shame, well at least you know what to wear next time you get invited out!