over from the cambridge

spottitchsam

Silver Member
hi guys,
on new years day this year i had the biggest panic attack of my life.it lasted for nearly 3 hours i had to have the paramedics out.its a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng story.the bottom line is i had to come off the cambridge,i was very upset has i was doing very well.i lost 4 1/2 stones in 4 1/2 months.i am still getting over the panics at the moment.i am anxious all day and night although im a little bit better since my gp gave me some diaxapam,and started me on amitriptyline which is a pain killer for my rheumatoid arthritis in my feet and a antidepressant.i only started the last pill since mon 7th jan and thank fully they are starting to kick in.im not eating much at this moment due to anxacity (sorry cant spell)but i will be on a calorie counting diet.hope you are all well.i will jump on here whenever i can.

Welcome, lovely person!

It's good to have you here :) Sorry you had such a rotten time on New Years. However, it sounds like, for whatever reasons, this is a better option for you at the moment to achieve your goal body. So I am saying welcome and I hope you have fun here :) I love calorie counting. It doesn't feel like a 'diet' because you can, literally, eat anything you want - just in a ratio where you're taking less energy in than you're expending, and then your weight goes down. Hooray! I think it's also easier to transition from 'losing weight to 'maintaining' your ideal weight once you get there as well, because it's just a matter of upping your calories. However, you've already been practicing counting so you already *know* what is what. It resets your mind to 'healthy eating and healthy relationship with food' rather than 'diet'.

So, I hope you enjoy it here and that the freedom of calorie counting with the support of this forum helps you feel more emotionally stable, happy and relaxed :)

Have you worked out what amount of calories you'll be counting per day? It can take a little fiddling to find a number which will both allow you to lose weight at a healthy rate which keeps you inspired, as well as being easy to stick to. Let us know if you need any help! :)

thanks supergroovy how do you know how many calories you should be having to loose weight.is there a special link anywhere that I could have a look at.
thanks in advance.

sorry just found a "sticky"so I will pop off and take a look.
thanks anyway

Back