Over weighing yourself...

SammyE

Silver Member
How do i stop myself becoming obsessed with the scales when I diet?

Im on day three of being back on my diet and I just HAD to check... ive lost 4lbs woohooo but I know weighing myself so often wont help in the long run because the weight loss will slow and i will start to feel disapointed.

Hide the scales and only bring them out once a week? Or Go to someones house to be weighed, so you dont have to have the scales in the house x

I threw mine away. Bit drastic but it stops me weighing all the time!

hehe Im hoping that once I settle into my diet it will become less of an issue, because at the moment I just want to see if the diet is working but I will try hiding them or giving them to someone else to hide and just give it back to me once a week lol

Hiding the scales might be a good idea if that suits you. I weigh myself every morning, I know lots of people say not to but I find that suits me quite well- I can keep a good track of what puts my weight up or down a bit (even when it's just water). I don't get too put off by the small gains really, I'm happier doing that and not having to wait all week to see a change (and I'd feel much more fed up if I was up on a weekly weigh-in, even though it might have been just that one day where it went up a bit). Stick with what motivates you best :)

I'm dreadful. I weigh at least once a day, and even though I know it's a really stupid thing to do, I can't stop myself.

I also weigh morning and night - well infact nearly everytime I use the bathroom hee hee I just cant help it, I do find the majority of the time it encourages me though. If that changes I would probably reduce the amount I weigh to weekly!

I dont have any scales so I have to wait until I do my weekly shop at asda and use theirs :)

i hate weighing myself even when im loosing i dont know why prob i was used to being dissapointed.
So now i tend to go by clothes size!! And when i see a huge difference i weigh myself. and i havent been dissapointed yet doing it that way :)

i hate weighing myself even when im loosing i dont know why prob i was used to being dissapointed.
So now i tend to go by clothes size!! And when i see a huge difference i weigh myself. and i havent been dissapointed yet doing it that way :)

I like your style :)

I weigh myself every day on the Wii Fit. It happens to work for me because I can keep an eye on it. I find that it keeps me on the straight and narrow and if my weight has gone down it acts as an incentive whereas if it has gone up if only a little bit then I know I have to keep on top of things to keep the weight coming off.

We're all different and I acknowledge that what works for one person doesn't work for another.

Thats how I am luckycat, if I have stayed the same or gained, then Im extra good the next day and if Ive lost, it makes me want to stay good as I can see it working.

Thats how I am luckycat, if I have stayed the same or gained, then Im extra good the next day and if Ive lost, it makes me want to stay good as I can see it working.

me too :)

I Weigh myself everyday on the Wii Fit and my normal scales lol. I find it helps me stay more determined, if I put on a bit one day, then I'll try and do a bit more exercise.

Izzymum :)

I also weigh morning and night - well infact nearly everytime I use the bathroom hee hee I just cant help it, I do find the majority of the time it encourages me though. If that changes I would probably reduce the amount I weigh to weekly!

And there I was thinking I was the only one who did this! :eek:

And there I was thinking I was the only one who did this! :eek:

ha ha yep, your definately not the only one, I wouldnt even attempt to count how many times I weigh in a day, it would be too shocking hee hee
x

And do you weigh pre- and post-wee? No. 2's? Sorry, TMI here, but I always weigh MORE after a no. 2. Doesn't make sense!

Back