P*ssed Off!

Cherry_Pie

I've been SO good for the past two weeks - religously adding my foods into MFP ("jamblaze" if anyone would like to add me, thanks!), exercising, shrugging off feeling BLOODY HUNGRY in the evenings... And I did it for two weeks to ensure, when I did step on the scales, I'd get a decent reading.

Today, I step on, same time of day I always do when I do a weigh-in, and what do I get?

I'M ONE FRICKIN' POUND HEAVIER THAN WHEN I STARTED!

Normally I walk home from work, but I was so fed up this evening, I got the bus. Just want to sod it all off and eat what the hell I want. I'm so fed up! How do you find the motivation to keep going?

Dont give up! Maybe its just water weight! Have you measured yourself? I cant talk because i let the number on the scales bother me too, but apparently we shouldnt rely on them! I put a pound on a couple of weeks ago and i was bummed out but then the next week lost 4, just keep at it! Good luck! I'll add you on mfp aswell x

If you are eating a LOT less than you used to then your body could be clinging on to its reserves cos it doesn't know when the next good meal is going to come along. Be consistent, eat at least your BMR and deffo no less than 1200 cals per day and your body will soon adapt to your new healthy routine.

Keep at it :)

Argh. The same happened to me last time I started to calorie count and I must admit I gave up and thought what's the point of eating fruit instead of chocolate if I'm going to put on weight.

But I don't think any of us should put too much emphasis on pound gains so our bodies fluctuate so much. Plus do your clothes fit better? do you feel better in general? if so concentrate on that.

Don't give up on yourself as it will work!

Dont give up Cherry, you've lost a lot. Keep going x

Thanks everyone. I haven't been eating too little, so can't be that I'm clinging onto calories (only cutting out 600 cals a day.) I didn't measure myself when I started - if I had, and my measurements were still the same right now, I'd be even more annoyed! So maybe it's good that I didn't measure myself at the start... It's just so demoralising! I guess I'll just hold on until next week and see what the scales say then. I've got a whole box of homemade triple chocolate cookies no less than TWO METRES away from me - but I'm going to be good!

THIS HAD BETTER BE WORTH IT, BODY -> *BELLY POKE*<- DON'T MUCK ME ABOUT!

I reckon your measurements would be lower as that is actually a better way to measure your weight loss as it's more accurate.

i reckon when you get weighed this week you will have lost deffo

xx chez xx

Back