Pain In My Side (Under ribs)!!!

Hi everyone!
just wanted to check and see if anyone else has had this problem or if it is only me!

For the last 3-4 days I have been having this tight pain on my right hand side just under my ribs. Feels a bit like when you would get trapped wind. When I arch my back it eases off a bit its not unbearable but really uncomfortable.

Gettin a bit worried it maybe has something to do with the rate I am losing my weight (15lbs in 10 days) FAST!! (wouldn't be worried if I didn't have this pain.)

Am I being silly????!!??

Nicxcx

i had this when i was pregnant all 3 times. not had it on lipotrim though

I'd get that checked at the GPs right away.
There is some evidence to show that some people who lose weight rapidly are prone to developing Gallstones.
If you have these, you may need treatment. Don't mean to scare you, or anything, but it does sound like it needs checking right away. (this happened to me in 1998!)

Yeah its just uncomfortable!! And Yeah I had the same sort of pain when I was preggers too - from the weight!!! I took a pain killer but did nothing still same!!

Hi Nic,

Sounds like you may have gallstones acting up as the pain is on the right side under the rib normally, my mother and siter both had theirs out.

You would be best to discuss it further with your own doctor just to make sure as it could be something else...

Or a quick phone call to Lipotrim or email to reassure yourself....you will find it on this link Lipotrim - Contact Us

I take fibre clear most days as I read somewhere it can help prevent gallstones on a vlcd as well as off the diet. So far so good.

Here is a link that tells you more about them Gallstones - What happens? - Symptoms

Let me know how you get on.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini!
I am afraid my doctor will tell me to stop LT! going to go and see the nurse at GP's tomorrow morning.

Your health must come first and if it is gallstones you really do need to have it checked out.

Have a chat with your nurse and then see what she advises you and be sure to take her advice.

Love Mini xxx

I would check it out with the doc hun - it may be nothing and put your mind at ease. But if it is better to get it sorted x

As I said earlier DO get this checked. You can get rumblings from gallstones before a bad attack of pain happens. You may be lucky and be one of the people who can have it sorted by quite minor treatment. Sometimes they can dissolve them with medicine or break them up with sound waves. I ignored my "niggles" and the little devils (and they were tiny) crept up the duct leading to my pancreas, this resulted in acute pancreatitis. Believe me Hun, you DO NOT want that!:eek::eek:
Please let me know how you get on. xx

I have it too,had it last time on LT too.I had kidney stones when I was pregnant and the pain is similar only not as bad.I reckon its the vast amount of water going through and the kidneys dont know whats hit them.Its bearable just uncomfortable.

if it is gall stones, they would suggest a low fat diet anyway, so i dont see them telling you to come off LT.

I had it for the 1st two weeks, had grumblings before a few years ago, and i just kept an eye on it for a bit and it has gone now.

in fact, i feel really good today (after feeling yacky for ages) do get checked out though, they can check on an ultra sound test.

Thanks everyone! I am going in the morning. Glad I am not alone and other people have had or are having similar experiences. (obviously not about the Gallstones thing.... ya know what I mean;))

Hope its nothing, and hope you others will be going and getting yours checked out too!!!

Nicxxx

All is WELL!!

Went to see the doctor this morning and she said it was just muscle strain!! :)

She wasn't too happy about me being on LT! Looked at me as if I had two heads! :confused:

She also said I was a bit bunged up (If ya know what I mean!!) I have tried Dulcolax but they just have the complete opposite effect on me and I am drinking between 4 & 5 ltrs of water a day. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help
Nicxx

Have you tried Fibreclear Nic? I have been adding it to my shakes everyday and have definitely seen an improvement in the poo department! x

Went to see the doctor this morning and she said it was just muscle strain!! :)

She wasn't too happy about me being on LT! Looked at me as if I had two heads! :confused:

She also said I was a bit bunged up (If ya know what I mean!!) I have tried Dulcolax but they just have the complete opposite effect on me and I am drinking between 4 & 5 ltrs of water a day. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help
Nicxx

Hi Nic,

I am sure you must feel relieved that it is not Gallstones.

I take Fibreclear from my chemist and take a good teaspoonful every day. Fibreclear along with water helps prevent the poo turning into rabbit pellets:eek: which make it difficult to pass.:sick0019:

At the beginning I did needed extra help and I fond Dulco-lax really did work...took about 24 hours to work and before it did was about to take another but then someone advised me not to take a third one as it could be risky... which was just as well.:eek:

Brisk walk for 20 minutes gets things moving as well.

Love Mini xxx

How odd ... I just had this exact pain on my walk home from work - on the right hand side under the ribs, felt like I had a stitch, but I wasn't even jogging. Worried me a bit, I have to say.

.... have come home, and an hour later gone to the toilet properly for the first time in quite a few days, pain is gone :) So I think I found the cause of it for me.

Back