Snacks Pakoras!!

Stacey10

Hello.. this is my first post and still finding my way around so apologise if im repeating. I saw a recipe for pakoras and thought id give it a bash.. wow they were delish.

Anyone tried these ? Perfect for snacks as they are syn free :)

I'd love the recipe if you wouldn't mind?

Of course.. all I used was
*mash potato (no milk or butter)
*veg of your choice. (I threw in some defrosted brocolli, carrot, onion)
* approx 4 tbsp fat free natural yog mixed with 2/3 tsp of tikka curry powder. (This depends on how spicy you like it)
* 1 beaten egg.

Mix it all together and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Dollop the mixture on in smallish portions and spray with frylite. Takes 30 /40 mins in the oven.

I prefer to eat them when they have cooled.
If the mixture is too runny just bulk it out with more veg.

Hope they turn out and you enjoy x

Pete’s Pukka Pakoras

Ingredients

1 Red Onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 Egg (ff)
125g Instant Mash
½ cup frozen peas (ss)(ff)
1tsp turmeric
1tsp chilli powder
1tsp garam masala
1tsp cumin
2tbsp hot curry powder

Method

Pre heat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
Tip 125g of Instant Mash into a mixing bowl, add the spices, egg & mix together, add the peas & onion, season with salt & pepper, add hot water and mix to a slightly loose mix.
Stand for 2 mins add more water if now too stiff.

Line a baking tray/wire rack with baking paper to prevent sticking, using two tablespoons form” small scone” size amounts and place on the tray.

Spray with Fry Light and bake for approximately 15 mins, remove from the oven, turn them over.

Spray again with Fry Light and return to the oven for a further 10-15 mins until browned, remove & leave on a wire rack, allow to cool.

Allow to cool slightly so that the pakoras firm up.
Pakoras-2.jpg

Back