1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Paleo supplies

Discussion in 'Paleo / Primal Diet' started by Deezer, 24 January 2013 Social URL.

1. Deezer

Deezer Well-Known Member

Hiya.... does anyone have a go-to store online to save money of stuff you use a lot of.... I go through almond and coconut flour, almonds, macademias for fun.... I buy from the health food store but its getting a bit expensive on days i'm batch baking!!! : /

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. miss vlcd38

miss vlcd38 Well-Known Member

I buy mine off of amazon and it was a good price :) the coconut oil I mean.

4. Plumfoodie

Plumfoodie Paleo maintenance rocks!

I usually support my local health food store because they're independent and very good about ordering things in for me. I have found if I buy in bulk they will give me a discount...

Amazon is also good, especially if what you want is available through the Subscribe and Save scheme, you save 10% that way.

It is a sad fact that healthy ingredients seem to cost more than custard creams. :(

5. Deezer

Deezer Well-Known Member

Ooooh i never thought of asking the shop to order some in bulk.... worth an ask!! Thanks!!

I buy my coconut oil through my crossfit box.... I cant complain it does all last.... just all seems to go at the same time doesnt it? X

6. 19JB87

19JB87 Well-Known Member

See if you can get access to a trade account at Suma. I think there's a minimum order of £250, but if you can get a group of people together to put in an order, it might work out? - And it'll be so much cheaper!

That's what we're going to be doing at work! :)

7. Deezer

Deezer Well-Known Member

Ooooh really..... thats great... I'll take a look

X

8. hjc77

hjc77 Well-Known Member

I get mine from Goodness Direct online or if u can find an ethnic foods shop they sell big bags of almond flour, coconut milk etc.

H x

9. Plumfoodie

Good point, I've seen 2kg bags of almond flour at the middle eastern grocer for £8.

10. Plumfoodie

M&S currently have a whole range of GF sausages on offer for 2 packs for a fiver.

11. woodmouse

woodmouse Well-Known Member

I noticed this morning that Holland and Barrett have one of their penny sales on so I bought one of their coconut oil tubs at the normal price, and a second one for a penny. They are the best true coconut tasting oils I've ever tried.

12. Plumfoodie

We had the venison the other night and they were tasty. I had a little bit of heartburn later but checked and they have cayenne in which always does that to me!

Ooh great bargain, thanks for the tip! :D

13. Deezer

Deezer Well-Known Member

Oooooh I need a couple of things... will have to get myself in there!!!

X