Panic is setting in....planes and seatbelts!

Bexie

I am getting so nervous and upset about tomorrow. I fly to England with bmibaby and am TERRIFIED the belt won't fit me. This has happened before and it mortified me. I hate asking for the extender, hate it. If I have to ask tomorrow I think I will burst out crying, as the last time I had to ask I swore I wouldn't let it happen again. :(

Last edited:
Why did it mortify you? It's all in a day's work for the aircraft crew. They don't care. Nor does anyone else on the plane, in fact they probably won't even notice. They are too busy getting themselves settled into their seats, putting up their luggage, getting the kids buckled up, fighting over the elbow rests, to take any notice of you.Decide, NOW, that this is a normal and reasonable request, and one that you are entitled to make. Ask a member of the crew quietly and calmly for the seat belt extension when you get on the plane. By the time they have brought it to you, they will have forgotten all about it because they will have that bolshy drunk guy in row three to worry about and they won't give you another thought!

you have nothing to worry about, as anna says its all in a days work for them, extender or not have a lovely flight and enjoy england :)...

I want to try the belt without asking for the extender first, I just hope to goodness it fits. I know the cabin crew don't care or bat an eyelid but it will make me feel like poop.

Back