Paracetamol!!! Yay or Nay

angel1986

Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone knows if I can take paracetamol as I have a really bad migraine today, yet iv been drinking loads of water!!!
My previous chemist said not to take them yet my new one said to take two but I don't want to affect the ketosis :(

angel1986 said:
Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone knows if I can take paracetamol as I have a really bad migraine today, yet iv been drinking loads of water!!!
My previous chemist said not to take them yet my new one said to take two but I don't want to affect the ketosis :(

Hey Angel, non coated plain paracetamol is fine, just don't take neurofen or anything with codeine ;-)

Awh thanks Sarah, really dunno why iv such a bad headache cause iv never suffered from them on this diet before :( xx

I wasnt told any of this, I had my two big toes operated on in my first week of LT and had to take codine and paracetamol x

Me either dizzy just the new chemist said take paracetamol but I wouldn't have known not to take coated or non coated!! And wasn't sure especially when the old ones said under no circumstances to take any tablets :/

I did know about not taking coated medication but why can't you take anything with codiene? I have arthritis and have one medication with is coated so have not took but have taken the other that is uncoated thinking it was fine but it does contain codiene!

When I asked the pharmacist about taking tablets she said don't take codeine as there is carbohydrates in it and will affect ketosis and would be harsh on the tummy cause we aren't eating food....
Anyone else been told this?

I feel like I literally have to drag info outta her to do this 100%, and it really doesn't help she is a skinny size 8 either!!! I know I know jealousy will get me nowhere haha

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh I hope this does not effect my weight loss as I have taken over the last two days due to pain!:cry:Thanks for that I will try and get away with just paracetamol from now onwards

The amount of carbs in codeine will be minute. It's highly unlikely to affect ketosis. Personally I'd rather be out ketosis for a day and get rid of a migraine

angel1986 said:
Awh thanks Sarah, really dunno why iv such a bad headache cause iv never suffered from them on this diet before :( xx

No prob, headaches are part & parcel of this diet I'm afraid, I'm generally ok cos I drink lots of water anyway and tonnes of black coffee but I do suffer with them now and again too..

I agree with starlight tho, I'd imagine the amount of carbs in codeine is tiny so if it's the only thing that helps then work away, much rather a pain free day! Hope you're feeling better ;-) x

Starlight said:
The amount of carbs in codeine will be minute. It's highly unlikely to affect ketosis. Personally I'd rather be out ketosis for a day and get rid of a migraine

Thanks Starlight, that is why this site is so valuable to ppl, I would have thought my chemist was right but I had a look online and it doesn't seem to affect it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thanks for all the advise

Back