Parents wedding anniversary meal

Money-penny

So after 8 weeks and 2 days of never deviating from plan I am about to break it by choice as my parents are taking me out on a very short notice meal to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

The meal is at a hotel and the menu doesn't have a lot on it that is SW friendly. I've already used 2 syns today and have 13 left but I know that whatever I choose my syns will be far higher than usual. As it's a special occasion I'm going to say it's a flexi syn day - trouble is obviously I don't know the syn values of anything so can't work out an acceptable limit! :eek:

As a starter I've chosen Warm oriental chicken strips on a bed of salad with a plum & cardamom chutney - toss up between that and vegetable broth. Skipping the starter might save syns? But then my family will all be sat eating and I'll be like a spare part sitting there gawking at them all lol.

The main is a choice for me between Asiatic Roast Half Duckling with Sesame Pak Choi and Sweet Soy dressing or Pan fried breast of chicken on toasted garlic bread with a creamy black pepper sauce

Can't decide at all - the duck sounds the healthiest (skin whipped off of course) but in my experience sometimes you don't get a lot of duck for your money, so I'm swinging towards the Chicken, but it's pan fried with a creamy sauce! Eeeeek! :eek:

Any opinions which one I should opt for? I'm not having sides or desserts to try to keep a grip on my willpower and weightloss :)

Back