Parking ticket

-Laura-

Silver Member
I've just got my first parking ticket for parking right outside my house :( Not a happy bunny!!

Last edited:
Always park there. Our drive is really narrow and in an awkward position to back in and out of and we have two cars so it would mean lots of swapping cars around depending who was in when, so I just park on the front. It's restricted parking for about half an hour in the morning and afternoon because of schools. I'm so angry because it's a fair cop, I knew it was restricted parking etc, but £35 to park outside my own flipping house is a joke, should I now watch the clock to make sure I move my car down the street at 25 past two every day?!

Oh that is annoying! Fancy having to remember to move your car - and do you have to move it so the school run mums can park there???

I'd be well p*****d off :-(

Nah, allegedly it's safer if no-one parks anywhere near the school gates. In practice, it just means twice as many cars parked a bit further up, on both sides of the road so no-one can see anything.

The smarmy... man... who gave me the ticket said that if I wasn't going to move my car, I should leave the ticket on in case someone else came and ticketed it again. Might just keep the yellow sticker and whack it on my windscreen every time I park it...!

That's not such a bad idea....!

What a pain the @rse though :(

I walk my sons to school each day and personally am quite disgusted by the sheer amount of parents that drive!

I know some people feel they have to do so BUT there are also a lot of Mums that live either in my street or the next but still drive.

How lazy can you get?!

Anyway...sorry to hijack - I am quite annoyed on your behalf about the ticket :(

I walk my sons to school each day and personally am quite disgusted by the sheer amount of parents that drive!

I know some people feel they have to do so BUT there are also a lot of Mums that live either in my street or the next but still drive.

How lazy can you get?!

I totally agree. No wonder there's so much childhood obesity and what have you, so many parents drive their kids to school and they can't all need to, surely?!

I'm not a parent so don't like to judge on things I've had no experience of, but it just seems so excessive! Is the whole point of catchment areas not that your kids go to a local school, which should then negate the need to drive in a lot of cases...?

That sounds like a stupid reason to get a ticket!! My next door neighbours everyday drive their kids to school, and im not joking when i say its 5 minutes walk down the SAME road! Its at the bottom of our road and the road is always jammed with cars away so there is just no point! I can understand if you are "dropping kids off" while on the way to work but from experience this doesnt happen.

Even more annoying are parents who every day, drop their kids off 10 minutes after morning reg bell has gone. WHY?!! Sorry for the rant - i seriously hope i dont change my mind when i have kids!x

How annoying, is there anyway you can open up your drive to fit two cars more easily.

BTW OH always used to walk our kids to school, one day there was a really bad accident & lots of parents who were driving their children to school stopped him as he passed & asked him to walk them to school; he said he felt like the piped piper!!!

Don't tar all parents with the same brush though, my friend has 4 kids under 6 (only 1 at school and 1 in a buggy) and she walks her kids to and from school everyday it takes half hour each way in all weathers

That's amazing. She should be proud of herself. I take the 3.5 yr old to nursery and the 2.5 yr old has start started walking for half the journey. It's no easy especially in the snow and rain! But it does teach them important values I think.

I know they aren't all the same and there has been a few odd occasions where we'll collect my eldest from nursery in the car but only because we've already been to Asda or something and can't spare the extra 40 mins it would take to drop the car off and go back for him. But I certainly wouldn't be doing it every day!

I got a parking ticket for parking outside my out! My back wheel was on a double yellow line. What annoys me even more is that everyday people park there and behind that space fully on yellow lines when they are at the gym and I got one on a sunday morning for only the back wheel!!! Grrr!!! Bringing back the memories!! I feel for you!

Gosh, I suppose I am going to have to re-adjust to life in England when we eventually get back. We have been away for 30 years and will see a lot of changes.

When we get a parking ticket we laugh and throw it away. I am sure in the big cities it is different but here in rural Spain parking tickets are looked upon as something of a joke.

If you get one for not having put money in the meter you can find the traffic warden, say "sorry" and pay her the 1€ or whatever it is.

I feel your frustration for you.

I got a parking ticket for parking outside my out! My back wheel was on a double yellow line. What annoys me even more is that everyday people park there and behind that space fully on yellow lines when they are at the gym and I got one on a sunday morning for only the back wheel!!! Grrr!!! Bringing back the memories!! I feel for you!

That would be just my luck too and I would feel just as outraged as you.

Around here I see stupid and dangerous parking everyday and nothing ever gets done :(

P.S Sorry for hijacking the thread earlier -Laura- with my earlier comments:p

is it an actual ticket, issued by a proper warden, or does it say "parking charge notice"?
if it's the latter then it's an unenforceable invoice for services that you did not agree to pay for.., you can ignore these..
they are private parking companies

If you get one for not having put money in the meter you can find the traffic warden, say "sorry" and pay her the 1€ or whatever it is.

You've just reminded me of another, a couple of weeks ago I had to stop a warden ticketing my car in a car park for not having bought a parking ticket.

At the time, I was at the meter paying for my parking ticket...

Maybe my car just looks dodgy...

P.S Sorry for hijacking the thread earlier -Laura- with my earlier comments:p

No problem :p

Back